Perazzi mx 2000s

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed it would seem that high rib is not a new idea at all then. I remember my mentor had a high rib browning mid 80s was a ata gun apparently. The only one i ever saw totally the recent ish re incarnation. Bet one of those in your pic would be worth a few jars of doom bar :)

Carrega was World OT Champion

Four times all in the 1970s including a 199/200 [they can't do that now] Notable as the oldest ever male Worid Champion at 44. Only time I saw him shoot was with a standard B25 broadrib using almost no gun movement. He also did an excellent mimic of my best lancashire french accent as I explained in the gunshop that the shooting jacket needed to be "le plus gross".

Last edited by a moderator:
Carrega was World OT Champion

Four times all in the 1970s including a 199/200 [they can't do that now] Notable as the oldest ever male Worid Champion at 44. Only time I saw him shoot was with a standard B25 broadrib using almost no gun movement. He also did an excellent mimic of my best lancashire french accent as I explained in the gunshop that the shooting jacket needed to be "le plus gross".
I would love to have seen the Lancs/French incident Fred! Shame that shooters such as Carrega, Braithwaite, Jackie Stewart (yes the racing driver) and Brian Bailey are almost forgotten these days! :(

There was an era when all clays were black. How did they manage that Les?

even for OT? that must have been nails, like shooting at night!
I can remember when Garlands used to shoot skeet and O.T. under floodlights. They were orange clays but on the O.T. the higher targets only showed their black underbelly and all you could see of the skeet targets was the edge. Made you concentrate though.

Now that was shooting at night.

There was an era when all clays were black. How did they manage that Les?
Yes Fred and back in those days we shot heavy loads too, not the 24grm stuff we use now!!! It just goes to prove that heavy loads and old tech guns could do the business, even on black clays!!! And Percy Stanbury used a Webley and Scott side by side for all his shooting, as far as I know it was choked full and full too.

I can remember when Garlands used to shoot skeet and O.T. under floodlights. They were orange clays but on the O.T. the higher targets only showed their black underbelly and all you could see of the skeet targets was the edge. Made you concentrate though.

Now that was shooting at night.
Ah Garlands, I shot there several times, a nice ground. In fact I had lessons from Peter Croft at Garlands many years ago.

even for OT? that must have been nails, like shooting at night!
When I started shooting I tried most things and as far as I can remember, Skeet, Sporting, ABT and DTL targets were black at that time, not sure about OT, Fred will know though.

DTL and ABT were black in the 80s when I started, cant actually remember when it changed to orange ??

Why whats an MX2000 got too do with anything :)

oops

Last edited by a moderator:
How many posts ago was an MX 2000 last mentioned? :)
You'll have to excuse us old codgers who ramble a bit. Hopefully you'll be one one day then you can join the club!!  Nice to reminisce sometimes. :nyam: :nyam:

You'll have to excuse us old codgers who ramble a bit. Hopefully you'll be one one day then you can join the club!!  Nice to reminisce sometimes. :nyam: :nyam:
Please don't flatter Will, he's been round the block more than a few times! There are plenty of miles on his clock mate! Sorry Will I couldn't resist it mate! :biggrin:

Thats ok Hotshot. 48yrs old but been shooting competitively since I was 22 so that was 1986. Therefore I am in shooting terms an old codger. :)

Please don't flatter Will, he's been round the block more than a few times! There are plenty of miles on his clock mate! Sorry Will I couldn't resist it mate! :biggrin:
No problem.. Used to such remarks from my wife.. :)

Back