New era?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's class, unfortunately our stupid government don't allow private number plates, even tho the country's broke and great revenue maker, I wonder why the world takes the pee out of the Irish....... Not very often

Last edited by a moderator:
I would, but the BOY part is sadly inaccurate.. And no, I don't mean it should say GIRL..
http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/buy.html?plate=DT11%20OLD&price=399
post-812-0-07010100-1415053496.png

post-812-0-07010100-1415053496.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-03-22-23-35.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-03-22-23-35.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 0
Or, just to be provocative, also available...

post-812-0-89339900-1415053891.png

post-812-0-89339900-1415053891.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-03-22-30-10.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-03-22-30-10.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 0
Well, have shot a few shoots with the gun now. New gun syndrome has expired (where the brain seems to try extra hard and anything is possible) and I'm just shooting a gun now, with my usual ways.

Scores are down a bit, but I'm prepared to examine why and see if answers are there and decide if an overall gain is possible. It still feels very stable and friendly. Some notable straights have come on stands such as 11 at EJC and 11 at Weston. (What's with that number..?) Long targets are going very well. Most targets are going well. Yesterday I did Weston and Hornet and at both I had "mystery miss" syndrome on quick quartering stuff, plus anything that needs a simple rifle shot, costing me around 10 targets over the two shoots. Reflecting today, I just could not recall the sight picture I was seeing. I think I was pushing my face in hard and losing the rib. I have now raised the comb and thats the next experiment..

Sorry if I'm boring you.. Just feel better noting it down. :)

Shooting related tales are never boring to me mate.

Well, have shot a few shoots with the gun now. New gun syndrome has expired (where the brain seems to try extra hard and anything is possible) and I'm just shooting a gun now, with my usual ways.

Scores are down a bit, but I'm prepared to examine why and see if answers are there and decide if an overall gain is possible. It still feels very stable and friendly. Some notable straights have come on stands such as 11 at EJC and 11 at Weston. (What's with that number..?) Long targets are going very well. Most targets are going well. Yesterday I did Weston and Hornet and at both I had "mystery miss" syndrome on quick quartering stuff, plus anything that needs a simple rifle shot, costing me around 10 targets over the two shoots. Reflecting today, I just could not recall the sight picture I was seeing. I think I was pushing my face in hard and losing the rib. I have now raised the comb and thats the next experiment..

Sorry if I'm boring you.. Just feel better noting it down. :)
I am finding your posts on this issue really interesting(maybe I need to get out more). Clearly you are demonstrating to other less able/ more novice than you, just what the journey of changing to a new gun can mean to your shooting enjoyment and your scores. Clearly there is no "magic" fix.t
Have you kept the old SC3 in the cabinet, and have you been tempted to take it out again just to see how it "feels" now compared to the DT11? I am in a similar position as you(albeit not as good a shooter as you) and for me, the newer gun the Krieghoff sits in the cabinet gathering dust whilst the old friend P gun is at the forefront of my affections once again. I love both, it's just that the two are so different to shoot and the P gun gets me the better scores. Decisions, decisions it's not good news!

MM

...had "mystery miss" syndrome on quick quartering stuff, plus anything that needs a simple rifle shot, costing me around 10 targets over the two shoots. Reflecting today, I just could not recall the sight picture I was seeing. I think I was pushing my face in hard and losing the rib. I have now raised the comb and thats the next experiment..

. :)
Have had the very same experience with my DT11, raising the comb helped loads!!!

Have had the very same experience with my DT11, raising the comb helped loads!!!
Right from the first, I did find the top of the action quite noticeable / eye-catching when you mount. It's not just about seeing enough rib as much as being out of the way of the action, if that makes sense. Looking forward to trying it..

I am finding your posts on this issue really interesting(maybe I need to get out more). Clearly you are demonstrating to other less able/ more novice than you, just what the journey of changing to a new gun can mean to your shooting enjoyment and your scores. Clearly there is no "magic" fix.t

Have you kept the old SC3 in the cabinet, and have you been tempted to take it out again just to see how it "feels" now compared to the DT11? I am in a similar position as you(albeit not as good a shooter as you) and for me, the newer gun the Krieghoff sits in the cabinet gathering dust whilst the old friend P gun is at the forefront of my affections once again. I love both, it's just that the two are so different to shoot and the P gun gets me the better scores. Decisions, decisions it's not good news!

MM
Very good post. I was saying yesterday that there is no magic, just difference. Some shots are easier, some less so. And yes, when I think I have fully debugged this gun, it makes sense to get the P out again for a final comparison. But in the end you need to stick with one as your brain and muscles have to intertwine with the thing.

Coming from my experience of a new gun the big difference was taking it to Malcolm Jenkins to have it fitted.
I guess that being short any stock gun is too long.
Malcolm adjusted the pitch of the stock which for me although a tiny adjustment made the CG very forgiving to shoot.
It may be nothing to do with that and as my ability improved I hit more..........

Had a go at Westfield today. What a great course, some of everything.

My feel with this gun is that the long stuff is easier. I just need to get over some simple things that are wrecking my score card. Today's daft losses were down to light trigger pull, which cost me 2. Quartering targets, another 2 away, but I now realise I need to ease up and just shoot at them. The extra weight moves the muzzle on.

Apart from one or two that fooled me, all the long stuff was great. Happy to straight the following overhead aways and all the long loopers and battues. 83 was with a daft 4 misses and I had brain fade on the sim high crossers (hit first pair then only 2 more..)

I accept I have taken a half step back, but can really feel a full step forward once the soppy issues are nailed. Just need to get 1000 through it at least.

.. And the total conclusion to this exercise is that there Is one certain factor with a different gun: it is different! Tough job to decide what is better as it is swings and roundabouts.

Apparently there is yet another new DT11 available, is this the fourth update?

Evolution of the species , but lots of sad faces that cannot afford to upgrade.

.. And the total conclusion to this exercise is that there one certain factor with a different gun: it is different! Tough job to decide what is better as it is swings and roundabouts.
As a friend once said about his favourite `there`s always another gun out there!`

Update (for the very bored).

The overwhelming feeling with the DT11 is that it is just plain heavy and fine control of quartering or tight angle stuff has been my problem with it. In fairness, the only problem really (apart from getting tired arms on Stratstone tower..)! So, the plan must be to go and experiment with different hold points for the fine targets I think.

But.. It was time to go and pick up my Perazzi again, walk outside and wave it around at some passing birds (airborne type) to see how it felt. Hmm.. immediately felt very light. (Funny that. Because compared to the DT11 it is very light. ). The lighter feel felt very manageable, albeit a touch unstable at the muzzle; as i remembered. 

Three issues with the P gun remained:

It felt too long (which for some reason it had started to do over the last year).

It was rather stock heavy, balanced well behind the hinge pins.

I still need a touch more cast off to line myself up easily with the rib.

So.. I removed the 13mm Ezis pad; which nailed all three issues at once! It shortened the gun (obviously) and also moved my face up the stock to a slightly narrower point, which fully aligned the rib! In theory i will have a slightly higher viewpoint also. (Not looking for that but likely wont hurt). It now balances dead on the pin too. Triple winner!

I stuck some thin sponge tape where the recoil pad used to be and its ready for a try. (The gun still has an Ezis recoil damper so should be fine).

Really this is a bit like having a third gun to try. I have often found a gun shoots nothing like it feels `dry`. If I am really unlucky, my brain will now be so confused that i cant shoot anything as well as before.  :sarcastic:   :suicide:

Plan C may be to start drilling weight out of the DT11, but not just yet..

What the hell, its all a journey (but i would like to get to the end of it soon).

Back