New era?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P gun has been great, but almost 75k shells through it. Lever is nearly out of adjustment and barrel needs a touch more soldering. It is not a perfect fit, plus slight feeling that a touch more barrel weight will help me find long hanging birds. Maybe the DT11 is on eBay by Tuesday, but I feel it's worth a look.. These days, it's all about finding 2 or 3 more kills, so I'm seeking them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I trust that the P gun is just being overhauled as you have done well with her.

Anything other than a short term dip then a rise and you have to go back to her.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and all that!

Mine came in at 9lb2 so I'd say adjustable comb 9lb5 about right, they shoot very well Iv had issues but nothing that affected shooting the gun more cosmetic but shouldn't happen, it shouldn't feel that much different from your p gun maybe a little barrel heavy in comparison but that's where I like a 32 to balance, I shot a friends mx2000 adjustable back to back with the DT and apart from his comb set to high for me they felt very similar, the mx might be a little lighter but it didn't feel it shooting it back to back

Never weighed the eell but it's heavier than the standard dt and balance is neutral therefore more forgiving than the standard. My point is extra weight in the right place can be beneficial to smooth controlled swing.

You need to get that new Pikey caravan you brought hitched up, pick Les up on the way, and come down South, before your snowed in, warm you joints up and shoot some sporting.

Well, went to Weston today. Shot the course with P gun and was hopeless in the first half. Shocking! I spent so much time fondling DT11 yesterday that my P gun already felt weird. Anyway, dismal performance, until the end at least.

Anyway.. Bought a practice card and went off to shoot a few stands with DT11. I just felt like it satisfied all my needs at the moment but had no idea what would happen in practice. I went the first three stands straight then missed one on fast quartering sim pair. Tried the tough stand over the pond and never found the long target, but I only hit it once earlier with P gun. Then shot another two stands, one away.

So first impressions are superb. I'm not now saying "DT11 is better than a P", but each shooter needs certain things from a gun, perhaps at a certain time or stage and this just feels right. I have trimmed the adjustable comb to offer a better fit than I had on P gun and the solid feel is what I wanted from the swing. It's not muzzle heavy now that I have fitted a thick ISIS pad, so the stability comes from mid-weight. The gun feels heavy until you mount it. Also, I was shocked by the lack of felt recoil. Amazing, given that, yes, I was using an ISIS pad but bear in mind I am used to a full ISIS damper system on P gun.

We will see how much this is new gun syndrome before long. But I have a good feeling about it.

Mate of mine totally lucked into a special order DT11 with Trap adj stock and 32" barrels for very used P gun money, it looks and shoots superbly. I had a full round with it a while back and didn't miss my own gun on any stand. Saying that I've had an eye on the CG Summits for a while now too, the odd one I've shot have felt lovely if a touch heavy overall, probably due to their slight nose heavy nature.

Sounds to me like nothing more than a case of New Gun Syndrome.  Couple mo from now you'll be flogging that thing on the sale lists and wondering WTF you had been thinking.

If you have a Perazzi that you feel needs some down time, just get another Perazzi.

Mate of mine totally lucked into a special order DT11 with Trap adj stock and 32" barrels for very used P gun money, it looks and shoots superbly. I had a full round with it a while back and didn't miss my own gun on any stand. Saying that I've had an eye on the CG Summits for a while now too, the odd one I've shot have felt lovely if a touch heavy overall, probably due to their slight nose heavy nature.
A condition that will haunt and wear on you until the gun will simply not work.  I swear, people are like crows and will let new/shiny overwhelm their hard learned good judgement

Well.. It's entirely possible that it doesn't work out. But functionality is the priority (not new and shiny) hence happy to buy a gun worth less than the one I already own; based on features and characteristics that I feel I will benefit from. And hey, I appear to have owned far fewer guns than most on here, so a bit of catching up seems reasonable..

To reiterate, my Dt11 isn't nose heavy, due to the adj comb and ISIS pad added weight at rear.

Personally I like a nose heavy gun,I feel they're a lot steadier and have no problems shifting mine quickly at 9lb 12oz. Go for it Will.

good luck with it Will.  Which ever way it works out, you'll have had fun getting there  :thumbsu:

Had a 130 bird practice with the DT11 at EJC today. Just shot as many different targets as possible, never more than 3 pairs hit before moving on. So far, I love this gun. (New gun syndrome accepted).

On fast crossers and fast quartering aways I have a very real increase in success rate. The stability and ease is tangible and very nice indeed. Most other targets are dusted well. On long teal I found I was able to make a high hold point work very well and the general ability to point at a place is precise and even. There was a bit of a problem on very distant crossers, where I was a bit high and in front and this needs tuning. I also need to be careful with the light trigger pulls.

Basically very happy thus far and it's going to be on duty at Owls Lodge on Thursday.

Had a 130 bird practice with the DT11 at EJC today. Just shot as many different targets as possible, never more than 3 pairs hit before moving on. So far, I love this gun. (New gun syndrome accepted).

On fast crossers and fast quartering aways I have a very real increase in success rate. The stability and ease is tangible and very nice indeed. Most other targets are dusted well. On long teal I found I was able to make a high hold point work very well and the general ability to point at a place is precise and even. There was a bit of a problem on very distant crossers, where I was a bit high and in front and this needs tuning. I also need to be careful with the light trigger pulls.

Basically very happy thus far and it's going to be on duty at Owls Lodge on Thursday.
Great post Will and glad your finding it a joy! would like to think its an improvment on the Dt10 yuck!! and anything that can improve the success rate on quartering crossers is a welcome addition look forward to having a sneaky peak at owls this thursday coming. :spiteful:

Back