New era?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps this is the next logical step Will.......

post-147-0-78536800-1417084123.jpg

Attachments

• Big_Gun.jpg
    Big_Gun.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Quality was poor black coating coming off before I had even used them.
Peter, 

Having checked the email conversation that we had in January about your chokes, the above statement is factually incorrect.

The "coating coming off" were in actual fact the jig marks, an inherent part of the coating process. Admittedly they were more obvious that we would have liked, hence why I replaced the chokes for you. In addition to this, you clearly state that you didn't notice them prior to using the choke.

Kindest regards,

Nick

Im not going to get in a debate on here with you.

The U3 was sent back unused.

Any more of this and I will post the pictures on here which I still have.

Edited :- My mistake. The U3 was sent back after 8 shells had been put through it on extreme range target at Southdown.

So you got a a choke with a slightly dodgy finish, happens with every single man made item on the planet. 

Will, the Mullers are noticeably light when held in ones hand, whether you can gain birds due to their balance altering I kinda doubt.

Will, take your chokes out of your DT11...that is pretty much how the gun will feel with Mullers.

Im not going to get in a debate on here with you.

The U3 was sent back unused.

Any more of this and I will post the pictures on here which I still have.
Peter,

No debate required; this is pretty clear-cut to me.

I'm going to send you a copy of the email that you sent me via PM so that you can evaluate it and then consider if you wish to change your responses as it completely contradicts your posts on here. I have no wish to post it, or cause any further debate. I'm all for everyone airing and offering their opinions, just think that it is a little unfair when certain facts are omitted. 

For everyone else's information, Peter's chokes were replaced free of charge as we want customers to be happy with the product and the customer service that they receive.

As Muller are a U.S based company; Happy Thanksgiving folks :)

Nick.

The service I received was first class with no problems whatsoever.

I have edited the posts above.

Not sure what the facts are that I have ommited.

It's not just the weight of the chokes it's what they will allow you to remove from the stock, all in all I'd say you could get close to half a lb, then again if the gun feel's a bit slow on some targets you might want to leave some weight in the stock, strange how adding weight can sometimes make a gun feel lighter, set up a target your not happy with bring a screwdriver pack out the bolt hole with a rag or tissue and add a cartridge or 2 to the stock as temporary weight, it should give you an idea of more or less weight and where you need it

I have just weighed all my current chokes that I have just for comparisons in weight.

I will leave it to you to decide if they are liable to may any perceivable difference to your balance and shooting results:

Beretta Optima HP: I/C = 31grams    M = 34grams    IM = 35grams

Muller U2 for above = 13grams

Blaser M = 36grams    IM = 38grams

Muller for above: U1 = 17grams    U2 = 18grams    U3 = 19grams

Photo's for these weights are in the gallery below

Just weighed briley titanium optima HP IM= 17g F=20 the beretta IM= 34g.......... So the muller comes in lighter than the briley

Why dont you just shoot it for six months and see what happens instead of doubting everything.

You will wind up changing all sorts of things to get that extra clay which may never come with all the changes.

Your a good shot why all the worry, it will take a while no matter what you do.

Change something could put you back.

Then in six months when you have some sort of consistency fine tune it on the targets which require it.

Just enjoy using a new gun its always a good feeling.

Or.........

You could sell it and try something else?

(+6 more pages!)

Will,

If all else fails, you are welcome to borrow my Beretta 303 auto, fitted with the 30" ported barrel and the Briley I/C extended choke, sporting, raised, ventilated rib with a pretty little white bead at the end.

Of course you could also stick with JUST shooting your new gun for at least 1000 rounds before you alter anything and then just make 1 MINOR adjustment at any one time, until you perfect what you are trying to achieve.

Back