Gun reviews on youtube

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent review Lloyd. Probably your best one yet. The gun really suited you to shoot, as evident by the video.

I think they're a lovely gun.

I've looked a couple in a local shop.  I did have a CG Summit Impact, and although I maintain it was the comfiest gun I ever shot, and it did fit me, I just couldn't get used to a High Rib sporter.

So the only thing that puts me off an invictus, is getting my pants pulled down if i ever wanted to part-ex it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they're a lovely gun.

I've looked a couple in a local shop.  I did have a CG Summit Impact, and although I maintain it was the comfiest gun I ever shot, and it did fit me, I just couldn't get used to a High Rib sporter.

So the only thing that puts me off an invictus, is getting my pants pulled down if i ever wanted to part-ex it. 
So buy a used one. If it helps, I just sold a 3 1/2 year old Challenger and lost iro £400. That was a private ie no P/X sale. 

I can not recommend these guns highly enough, just based on my own personal experience in dealing with Mike and Alistair at Anglo Italian over the years. My own CG Maxum is now more than 10 years old and people often comment on how beautiful it is and how it does not look 10 years old. 

Having said that, personally I'm not a huge fan of the Invictus. Yes, as Llyod says they are beautifully finished and superb value but I just find this model a bit "chunky" Just my view of course, but my Challenger and the Maxum are both fabulous guns.  

I had a CG maxum. Beautiful gun. 

Bought it 2nd hand for £2400, part exed it 3 years later and got £2000 for it. Not that bad a loss really. Probably could have sold if private and lost less....

So buy a used one. If it helps, I just sold a 3 1/2 year old Challenger and lost iro £400. That was a private ie no P/X sale. 

I can not recommend these guns highly enough, just based on my own personal experience in dealing with Mike and Alistair at Anglo Italian over the years. My own CG Maxum is now more than 10 years old and people often comment on how beautiful it is and how it does not look 10 years old. 

Having said that, personally I'm not a huge fan of the Invictus. Yes, as Llyod says they are beautifully finished and superb value but I just find this model a bit "chunky" Just my view of course, but my Challenger and the Maxum are both fabulous guns.  
Horses for courses....... it's the chunky aspect I like. 

Good review Lloyd. It's hard to fault the CG business model of building attractive guns with good features, good performance & a pleasure to shoot - and all at a sensible price level.

Regarding the barrel selector mysteriously switching to top barrel, my Challenger did that and it also happened on a friend's Challenger but there are 2 updates for the selector depending on model type. Mine was updated when AngloItalian serviced it recently and it's been fine ever since. On the very latest guns, the selector has be set to safe before you can change barrels. It wasn't possible to fit that type to my Challenger but I'm pretty sure that the earlier Invictus guns can be upgraded to the latest level.

Good review Lloyd. It's hard to fault the CG business model of building attractive guns with good features, good performance & a pleasure to shoot - and all at a sensible price level.
And of course the exceptional service! 

2 new episodes this week, a mini tour of Perazzi, and a long tour of Beretta. Apologies for the poor quality audio at Beretta, I was shooting on my phone and didn't have an opportunity to mic up the lady doing the tour, the factory being a noisy environment the audio quality is spotty.

Back