Gun reviews on youtube

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rather than comment on youtube itself, I'll post my thoughts here. I love my Ergosign stocks (I have two in identical set-up for two different guns). I bought the first one by the time I knew what purposes could be served by changing settings, and with some initial tinkering and adjusting on the field, got it just right. If anyone is tempted to buy one before knowing what the changes in settings will do, my advice would be to either wait or get experienced help from someone who actually sees you shoot and helps to adjusts it on the field. Then don't mess with what works. I now only change for length twice a year: a tad longer in summer, shorter in winter.

As for a point that I didn't see addressed in your video: The size and shape of the grip really matter. A wrong size grip will make the entire thing pretty much pointless. Certainly far from effortless and possibly painful, so get what fits you exactly and not 'nearly',

There are several sizes and shapes, and to have the benefit of the "can't mess it up grip" your hand needs to really fit the grip, or you need to fit the grip to your hand. With a file. I was well advised by Nill to buy a size smaller than I had in mind, and that was the right thing to do. Bigger would not have been better. I have since made small alterations to mine, one for comfort (rounding off a ridge) and one for fit (deepening the thumb-relief). I am still tempted to one day visit Nill in Germany and have them make me a personally fitted grip from nicer wood, but the market for kidneys isn't what it used to be.

Customer service from Nill is good to deal with, even if they don't always respond very quickly. A webshop would be an idea as opposed to having to order bits by email, but that's my only complaint. Great product in all.

On the You Tube site I did ask how easy they are to alter - I was thinking about how practical it might be for a "training gun" - changing it each time I took out someone new. Lloyd replied its not that easy. Your points regarding the grip size is important as that's one thing that cannot be be changed in the field.

I think you have made up my mind. That beautiful forend and a floorboard at the back 😐.

out of interest that was a medium, what’s your hand width? 10cm?

DT11 adjustable comb it is.

cheers Russ

On the You Tube site I did ask how easy they are to alter - I was thinking about how practical it might be for a "training gun" - changing it each time I took out someone new. Lloyd replied its not that easy. Your points regarding the grip size is important as that's one thing that cannot be be changed in the field.

Altering length is a piece of cake, and its is easy to note the settings. Same for pitch of the pad. While adjusting the comb is also easy, you can't really tell what position it is in without taking it off, as there are markings for the pillars but they are obscured with the comb in place. Also for height of the comb there are no markings but if you wanted to ensure different heights for different shooters you could place and count washers.

The grip is however paramount to me, and that is and stays what it is. You could possibly adjust the trigger, but not all guns have that feature. I do note that there are more "neutral" grips available from Ergosign, i.e. without finger grooves and less pronounced features for palm and thumb.
I think you have made up my mind. That beautiful forend and a floorboard at the back 😐.

out of interest that was a medium, what’s your hand width? 10cm?

DT11 adjustable comb it is.

cheers Russ

You can get pretty nice wood from Ergosign... at a price. Caveat Emptor. Not the best picture, but in real life its a sight. The comb and plate match the grain and depth. A friend has one with swamp-retrieved russian burl (or akin) and that looks the absolute whiskers but probably increased German GDP by a considerable margin.

IMG_1279.jpg

Altering length is a piece of cake, and its is easy to note the settings. Same for pitch of the pad. While adjusting the comb is also easy, you can't really tell what position it is in without taking it off, as there are markings for the pillars but they are obscured with the comb in place. Also for height of the comb there are no markings but if you wanted to ensure different heights for different shooters you could place and count washers.

The grip is however paramount to me, and that is and stays what it is. You could possibly adjust the trigger, but not all guns have that feature. I do note that there are more "neutral" grips available from Ergosign, i.e. without finger grooves and less pronounced features for palm and thumb.

You can get pretty nice wood from Ergosign... at a price. Caveat Emptor. Not the best picture, but in real life its a sight. The comb and plate match the grain and depth. A friend has one with swamp-retrieved russian burl (or akin) and that looks the absolute whiskers but probably increased German GDP by a considerable margin.

View attachment 10397
very nice, definitely not a floorboard. Damn, It’s back on the xmas list

Just from the still my thoughts go to a couple of wine "connaisseurs" who may have sampled a few too many 😁

BSS vid going live to the public tonight at 5:30 UK time, members already have access.

Enjoyed the video Lloyd, thanks.
It’s good to hear Beretta are now looking to do a black edition 694 but using the Zombie green line on all black editions, feels like that may limit sales. I called at Bywell as was considering buying one but it really hits you in the face. Not sure if it’s the effect of such a bright colour but the line appeared to be fatter than the standard DT11.

Latest posts

Back