Gun reviews on youtube

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Hamster Not saying don't give me negative feedback, I have certainly had plenty, and been told I am an idiot who knows nothing etc. I am happy to take the rough with the smooth, after all your opinion is as valid as mine. I just wondered why you would keep watching if you didn't like the content? I avoid this things I dislike, for instance I don't like cats, and as a result I don't own one. It wouldn't occur to me to get a cat then keep telling it that it isn't a dog. :)  

Oh, and the reason behind the comment about the wood: I own one, the wood isn't the prettiest and the engraving is ho-hum, but I bought it because of the balance, the handling, the quality of the action and the trigger. Sure, nice wood is nice, but it wasn't why *I* bought one. 
I watched it because it was on ShootClay, I read through a fair bit of what's here and elsewhere even if it doesn't completely and absolutely interest me, sometimes I do so in order to learn more stuff, hell I sometimes read stuff because I don't like them.

I don't like the BS and lies on the news but I watch it every single night, love cats and dogs by the way. I'm on FaceBook too a fair bit and if I didn't read through the crap I detest and resent  :( :ph34r:  I would be unable to formulate arguments against them, talking in a room full of the converted is just an echo chamber in other words. So sorry but respectfully yet fundamentally disagree with your reasoning. 

Whatever I try and say would come across as negative but that's essentially because you're up against a fairly well informed audience and the bar you so rightly mentioned is set very high. To give you a tiny example, when you opened the choke case and announced they're Teague I believe, you then quickly realised they were in fact Briley's and said so, two things spring to mind, first that you ought to have made sure you knew already, two an experienced person would have known by looking at the choke key alone, these aren't criticisms of you they are just things that some people at any rate pick up on. Good luck and hope it all gets better and better. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Go on, get a cat. Underrated in my opinion. :cat:

PS like the videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoyed watching again this week.  I would love to see you compare the Benelli against a Beretta a400.  I fancy a new semi for pigeon shooting and had almost decided on an A400 but this video might have just made me change my mind.

Great review Lloyd.

I have one and would echo all of your views. I had one a couple of years ago and shot well with it. I then, stupidly sold it. Having been through 3 different s/autos since then and not feeling comfortable with any I returned to the fold and am delighted with the gun. I have the additional Briley weights on the forend which helps the gun being less whippy than standard.

I have a reputation of being a bit of a serial gun changer.  Over the last 10 years I've had several mirokus,Brownings, 3x 682s, 2 x DT10s and some from other minor makers.I guess in the vein attempt to find Excalaber.  

The one gun I have had for all that time and can't part with is the MX8 and would echo the commets made by Lloyd. 

As He say's though they are bespoke. Most people that try one and see their scores drop forget that the fit may be not right for them and be dissapointed. Get the fit right and it's a different story. 

Another factor are the triggers  pulls. The best.  

7 hours ago, Lloyd Pattison said:

This week, a budget pair:

Toooooo many erms/ums again Lloyd, only watched half again. The others have been ok - up till now  :)  

I only watched the first one, haven't bothered since which is no reflection on Lloyd its just that other peoples opinion on different guns does not interest me as I have shot enough in my time to be able to make my own opinion, however I think Lloyd is receiving some harsh critique, he is not a professional broadcaster and never pretended otherwise so nobody should expect a polished performance in fact maybe that style of "amateur" (no disrespect meant Lloyd) approach is endearing to newcomers to the sport, maybe that style holds more credibility than the obviously paid to say its good type reviewers.

just saying... ?

Thanks IPS, no disrespect taken. I am afraid thats just how I talk, I try to suppress it but I dont use a script and sometimes it comes out.

lloyd

most people I would think find the natural delivery more believable. You carry on doing what your doing my friend. ?

I commented before that I didn't see much point in these videos. However I watched the old 686 v ATA and found that quite interesting, I would say that many newbies would too. As IPS said, the delivery makes it more believable, as often it seems that the "professionals" seem to never say anything negative. 

Also, it's clear that the presentation is getting better. 

Reactions: ips
exactly finners, folk who are paid to review have to say its good ...lloyd is doing a ground level appraisal in a no nonsense chat at the bar style.

think I will have a look at some of his others, I am curious now.

just watched the last vid (ffd a few bits for no particular reason). I liked it, it was honest it was down to earth it was believable.

as for the erms, I would not have noticed if it hadn't been brought to my attention beforehand. Very few folk could get through an un scripted narrative without the odd erm or um ? I think you should be proud of what you have done Lloyd.

?

Just watched this now, I have watched all your videos and this is one of your best ones yet. Very constructive criticism of both, I think your summary regarding depreciation etc was spot on. Quality of presentation was good, didn't notice the erms personally, only thing maybe missing was weight and dimension comparisons etc between the two, but hard to remember to get everything in.

All in all very good and very refreshing to get honest critique and proper consumer information about stuff that matters to ordinary Joe Bloggs. Looking forward to the next one, keep it up.

Back