Gun reviews on youtube

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another good review Lloyd I do like the wood on that gun. Subscribed!!

This is my gun and I am fighting the urge not to be emotional about your review and I realised it's like anything unless you are an experienced shot it is unlikely that someone will be able to just pick up a gun and shoot it well and not everyone suits every make of gun.  For myself I have found it a great gun and we have progressed well together in our shooting.  As you say it is the "Fiesta" of the guns -  my name for it is the work horse.  For the money though, its paid for itself in winnings.

um,,,,,I have had a few 686 and found them to be excellent guns in fact I always struggled to justify double the money for a 682. As with all things its very subjective. Trouble is with bad reviews is that your in danger of alienating folk which is probably why you never read a bad review in a mag.

out of interest what is your background and how do you obtain the guns for review and for what reason do you do so.

Wow you really didn't like that gun at all did you Lloyd. Thanks for the honest review though, like ips said its hard to find a bad review about this gun on the web. i mounted one in Malmo a few weeks back and it felt horrible. 

with respect to Lloyd and anyone else who gives opinion on a gun it is but there opinion and I would not buy or more importantly not buy on the basis of someone else's opinion.

Think we can safely say he didn't like it!

Not a great fan of Beretta's myself but i think the fact that he repeats himself in every review makes the Fiesta and other remarks stand out.

To much personal opinion and not enough fact.

In general i have found that Browning shooters do not like Beretta fit and vice versa,but pretty much everybody is aware of this apart from him?

I am with Ips - try a gun for yourself.  Try not to be star dazzled by the latest "in" gun or be fooled into thinking it turns you into Ed or George or any of the top shots, buy and shoot what you like and what you can shoot with.  It is at the budget end of the Beretta range but like the Fiesta is has sold well over the years.  

Beretta without major alteration tend to suit people with shorter stature, Browning / Miroku the reverse.  I started out with an SP1.  It fitted me well and I liked it.  I'm sure I'd be shooting as well with it now as I am with the gun I currently use if I had kept it.  If it fits and the balance is suits you then it's whats behind the gun that matters most.

I'm afraid you have to judge things based on their price range and segment, almost all experts agree that the cheaper Beretta's represent fantastic value for money although in your defense I will say that if the trigger was that bad then it does deserve special criticism. 

Nothing in the price segment will be as good as that, almost anything bought new will need some modification or money spent refining but I can't think of another gun (bar maybe a grade 1 Miroku) that will handle high volume shooting and lose very little money too. 

I think to be of benefit to someone looking to buy any of the guns you need to add a bit more fact and take out the "feel" element. If you are being lent the guns to test by a local shop I presume they have an interest in how you review their guns.

I really enjoy Lloyd's videos its just another shooting related video i can watch on youtube, I thought you would have had a new one up by now Lloyd!

If you are being lent the guns to test by a local shop I presume they have an interest in how you review their guns.
I think he can say what he wants in reason Cockney21 as he has slated 1 or 2 guns on his reviews. 

I agree he can say whatever he wants, perhaps I just want the best advice for anyone taking up the sport. There are a lot of people who watch YouTube and take advice rather than do the right thing and seek advice from a professional based on fact rather than personal preference. Reviewing how a gun shoots when it might not be your dimensions is a bit like buying the wrong size pair of jeans and saying you don't like the way they fit. I have never had a Beretta but putting people off because I did not like the feel is not useful, if the build quality was poor then fair enough.

Latest posts

Back