free speech

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this crap breaks my heart... and once again, i feel like closing down and letting some other mug put up with all the rubbish on here.

Once a week I get an email saying I should ban one person, and then a PM saying the other should be banned. I don't ban people because I respect everyones right to be a idiot on the internet, but many of you take it to far. 

I wish you would all learn to get along, stop hectoring each other, stop insulting each other with snide comments, ignore the bits you don't like or don't have anything to comment on sensibly.

BTW people - I still run this at my own expense in terms of time, effort and finance... I don't have time to read every comment and sit there wiping all of your arses when you go off on one and start trading insults. 

Enjoy yourselves.

Guys, seriously, if you get offended, upset or raffled by what is posted on here, then you need to take a break, how we read a post is individual, some think its aggressive, some think its humour! All I know is, take it all with a pinch of salt and a dose of humour...

That is why I am not bothered that the insulting post by Darky is still showing.....locked....but still showing.

Several people have emailed me to say they do not like it.....but I replied that it is not important....sticks and stones and all that.

Shooting day tomorrow so off to bed as I am an hour ahead.

World peace and all that.

Yes but the point is that on occasions it is obvious to everyone that it is confrontational and deliberate.

All this crap breaks my heart... and once again, i feel like closing down and letting some other mug put up with all the rubbish on here.

Once a week I get an email saying I should ban one person, and then a PM saying the other should be banned. I don't ban people because I respect everyones right to be a idiot on the internet, but many of you take it to far.

I wish you would all learn to get along, stop hectoring each other, stop insulting each other with snide comments, ignore the bits you don't like or don't have anything to comment on sensibly.

BTW people - I still run this at my own expense in terms of time, effort and finance... I don't have time to read every comment and sit there wiping all of your arses when you go off on one and start trading insults.

Enjoy yourselves.
Just hope the comments and snide remarks stay on forum!! If this moves on to being shown at shoot grounds there will be a massive problem.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes but the point is that on occasions it is obvious to everyone that it is confrontational and deliberate.
Come on Ian, yes this may exist but we are all old enough to either ignore it, or laugh it off! There are some people who want to enflame every post, what the sane posters need to do is ignore the sh*te.

If you are offended easily by reading bile on the internet then the inter et is not for you, just remember, intonation is easily misunderstood...

Just hope the comments and snide remarks stay on forum!! If this moves on to being shown at shoot grounds there will be a massive problem.....

Has already crossed that line... I have had comments directed at me out shooting, about the fact I don't have the balls to ban the most vocal members of the forum...and as I have said many times, that goes against my principles that even the most irritating have a right to be irritating.

Even worse than that, many of the good friends I have made through the forum have stopped posting because of the endless bickering in what feels like an echo chamber some days... Some have even asked me to delete their accounts, always because of the same one or two people.

Matt

Well let's hope newbies looking in see it that way. As I said earlier I aint bothered but I am concerned that others may be. There is a difference between posts being interpreted the wrong way and posts with obvious malice.

anyway I have said my piece on it and likes would indicate that many agree so read into that what you will.

oh and for the record what is the point in locking a post with obvious personal insult but leaving it there for all to see ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree IPS .

There is a big difference between joking ....and the malicious insults or descriptions of people who have never met each other.

Often these people have had no input of useful information to the forum but just come on to flame.

Has already crossed that line... I have had comments directed at me out shooting, about the fact I don't have the balls to ban the most vocal members of the forum...and as I have said many times, that goes against my principles that even the most irritating have a right to be irritating. Even worse than that, many of the good friends I have made through the forum have stopped posting because of the endless bickering in what feels like an echo chamber some days... Some have even asked me to delete their accounts, always because of the same one or two people. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
shouldnt have your real name up then, use a she pseudonym that will sort it :)

My name was spud dog, due to lack of inspiration, the name of my first dog. Don't know why I made a name like that it. Hey ho

Has already crossed that line... I have had comments directed at me out shooting, about the fact I don't have the balls to ban the most vocal members of the forum...and as I have said many times, that goes against my principles that even the most irritating have a right to be irritating.

Even worse than that, many of the good friends I have made through the forum have stopped posting because of the endless bickering in what feels like an echo chamber some days... Some have even asked me to delete their accounts, always because of the same one or two people.

Friendly fluffy rabbits fine having a joke great... But a lot of people on here have said lots of things may as a joke! Who cares would you joke with a complete stranger that one day you might see at a shoot ground? And that guy or she has a massive vendetta against you all because something was said on here at them.....
It's all face value and and it's going the right way to end in a complete disaster at a shoot ground...
150% hand on heart hope it doesn't as we all would hope not.... But I'm sorry there's to much of a mix going on....... :(

Your a mate for top then, he is a dog too. Wuff

oh and for the record what is the point in locking a post with obvious personal insult but leaving it there for all to see ?
Where have I done that? Let me know and I'll either remove the insult or the thread - I don't have time (or inclination) to read all the threads on here anymore. 

Found it.... Thought I had removed, apologies

Ok

darksides post refering to tinker I find to be unnecessary and an obvious personal insult with the intention of confrontation.

Tinker is quite capable of defending herself and does not need my help in anyvway. But you asked so i replied.

Has already crossed that line... I have had comments directed at me out shooting, about the fact I don't have the balls to ban the most vocal members of the forum...and as I have said many times, that goes against my principles that even the most irritating have a right to be irritating. Even worse than that, many of the good friends I have made through the forum have stopped posting because of the endless bickering in what feels like an echo chamber some days... Some have even asked me to delete their accounts, always because of the same one or two people. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Matt, I know I don't know you very well but I enjoyed our afternoon together last week, not least because you had a really big umbrella!

What you have built here is magnificent and you should be proud of yourself...you have over 2000 members and I think you could count on the fingers of one hand the troublesome ones.

Please stick with us, the 'normal' 1995 of us are very grateful for all you do..

You can be my Number One Favourite if that helps....

Jkc xxx

Policing anything on the internet is an impossible task, and expecting Matt to do it on here is unreasonable.
If your that sensitive just be more selective in the topics you read and learn to use the ignore button.
I've not been on here very long ( also not met anyone else on here in person yet ) but as someone new to shooting, I have picked up a lot of helpful info, and the different options have actually been helpful rather than confusing.
I'm also quite lucky as I have a mean bullsh!t filter so I don't really take much notice of the personal stuff flying around.
It's a sad state of the world we inhabit that there are some out there that feel the need to say things behind the anonymity of a keyboard that they wouldn't dream of saying face to face.
Like I said, use the ignore button.

Back