How things have changed on here.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried any different shaped stocks  ?  It may help with the wrist problem. 2 of my shooting pals have changed their guns for a gun with a 'lesser' curve on the pistol grip. They both seem to think it has worked for them. A half pistol grip on both of their guns has allowed them to carry on for a few more years.

Have you tried any different shaped stocks  ?  It may help with the wrist problem. 2 of my shooting pals have changed their guns for a gun with a 'lesser' curve on the pistol grip. They both seem to think it has worked for them. A half pistol grip on both of their guns has allowed them to carry on for a few more years.
My biggest problem is lifting the gun and closing it then opening it again after the shot. I have always closed the gun as I lift it up to my shoulder.  The strain on the wrist is quite bad but in fact the real problem is that my Scaphoid joint is , according to the consultant , "completely destroyed" I have had a steroid injection the other month and it did help a little bit but not much . The next thing is an op to remove the scaphoid which is said to have consequences when it come to gripping things . What I find weird is although I have had wrist pain for some years and managed to ignore it, it suddenly became really bad, maybe that is the way these things go. I currently use an Ergosign stock .

Last edited by a moderator:
My biggest problem is lifting the gun and closing it then opening it again after the shot. I have always closed the gun as I lift it up to my shoulder.  The strain on the wrist is quite bad but in fact the real problem is that my Scaphoid joint is , according to the consultant , "completely destroyed" I have had a steroid injection the other month and it did help a little bit but not much . The next thing is an op to remove the scaphoid which is said to have consequences when it come to gripping things . What I find weird is although I have had wrist pain for some years and managed to ignore it, it suddenly became really bad, maybe that is the way these things go. I currently use an Ergosign stock .
Can Ergosign offer alternative grips which may help to remove the strain in part.

To be honest, one of my 2 friends is worse than the other. One only shoots occasional game and pigeon days and very few clay days. He has a Miroku 26" game gun now, with a 1/2 pistol grip stock. The other guy has now bought a Beretta 686 game gun and although still a pistol grip stock, it has much less of an 'arc' than the sporting model. I broke my right wrist in a fall in January, I now use a wrist 'strengthener' when shooting. 

Can Ergosign offer alternative grips which may help to remove the strain in part.
I think the problem is bone grinding on bone... it is a difficult thing to solve normally you have a smooth bit of cartilage to avoid pain . 

This is very interesting. I am actually Salopian but due to a glitch when the site was updated I could not login , after weeks of trying and numerous emails to admin I became frustrated and logged in as MR.ANGRY which as far as clayshooting is concerned I certainly am not angry , frustrated ? Yes maybe but come on admin reinstate Salopian and lets get some worthwhile conversations going on here please.

We have lost many good friends off this site since the day we all met at Coley's , let us bring those types of days back please.

New discussion topic :- I have noticed the downturn and lack of footfall at grounds nowadays, YES competition on Sundays seems stable and in good numbers , but practice days are very poorly attended apart from one ground local to me which is very popular on a Wednesday at £28 per hundred compared with other grounds charging £40 per hundred, with cartridges always getting more expensive we will soon revert to the days when clayshooting can only be done by the wealthy.
It was a most enjoyable day at Corey's, maybe now I've retired I should devote some time to looking at a similar day

Latest posts

Back