FAULTY MULLER CHOKE

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wylye
Posted Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Look Pal, this thread is boring the sh*t out of everyone. Go to bed, get a new hobby, get rid of the bloody gun, move on for the love of God! Thank you and goodnight.

Hahaha brilliant! Took the words right out of my mouth.
....yep, and here too.  :)

This is going on a bit now!

Think it's got cross threaded!

As mentioned above keep it and use it or send if back for a full refund! Sounds like good customer service to me!

Salopian

Serious question... because I was thinking again :crazy: Is it possible that the choke recess on the Beretta that the guy had that Muller choke in was bored very, very slightly off centre say a thou or so ? It would leave a crescent shape overlap which could cause the problem ? It might not be noticeable with the standard chokes because the have a much thicker wall and may just seal the choke stopping gases going up the back of the threads? what do you think? Just the form of the damage looks like something like that is happening.

Look Pal, this thread is boring the sh*t out of everyone. Go to bed, get a new hobby, get rid of the bloody gun, move on for the love of God! Thank you and goodnight.
that is really a bit of a sad comment,nobody is forcing you to read or take part.

i enjoy my shooting and fortunately i am not the sort of person to be put off by that.

if it was boring everyone then nobody would be reading it.in fact i must ask why are you if this is so?

so i come to the conclusion rather than actually reading the whole of the thread,you just decided to join the personal attack,that obviously goes for a few others here to.

funny how someone can go from quite high in a persons estimations to so low in such a short time,still we live and we learn.

rgds 

dedication-wrong-leave-internet-dem.jpg

I've been considering Mullers for my 682 for some time.  Given the experiences of other shooters on this thread, and the level of customer service shown by Nicky T, I am pretty sure I'll be ordering mine in the foreseeable future.

Schmokkin... Can you just remind us which specific question remains unanswered? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
after being questioned on my background and shooting experience and answering freely i asked nickt the same as i presumed that would be fair to do so.

unfortunately it does not seem he wishes to reply.

rgds Mark

i reiterate from my original post

i feel i am in a quandary caused by contradiction.

i really struggle to have any confidence with the item as i was told it was one thing and then another

do i take a chance with the replacement choke in my near new Beretta risking the chance of damage to the barrel because i am told there was no problem with the choke,as there obviously was?

or do i just chuck it away or sell it and go back to a teague?

has anyone else had any problems with Muller chokes as in is this a one off?

looking forward to hearing your thoughts and/or experiences.

This thread was never originally about customer service but it seems many have perceived it as such

unfortunately the thread has has been hijacked by the muller fan club and there compatriots as they obviously will not believe there could be a problem and that nickt is a demigod it now seems they wish to try to destroy the thread with inane comments and personal attacks.

maybe they think this will disturb me in some way or actually believe i may follow there suggestions!,i was under the impression it was a grown up site from which you could expect a reasonably balanced response without recourse to such statements.

but it seems their behavior is tantamount to playground bullies.

you obviously accept there will be the odd idiot but i have been extremely disappointed with the responses that have nothing to do with the thread from some who i thought were great examples within the sport.

other forums i have been part of have rules regarding that sort of thing but obviously many treat this as there own private club and if you do not conform you are not wanted.

and low and behold from shootclay rules i find rule.1 

• Please respect other members of the forum and treat people as you would like to be treated. I do not expect you to agree with everything posted – but I do ask you to behave respectfully to everyone on the forum.
Guess it does not apply to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you send the Muller choke back to Nick for a full refund as he's offered. What's this about chucking it away? 

If you no longer wish to use the choke then please feel free to return it to me for a full refund
I really can't see what else Muller / Just Choking can do. 

To be honest, you're beginning to come across as somewhat petulant and irrational, IMHO. 

Why don't you send the Muller choke back to Nick for a full refund as he's offered. What's this about chucking it away? 

I really can't see what else Muller / Just Choking can do. 

To be honest, you're beginning to come across as somewhat petulant and irrational, IMHO. 
i reiterate from my original post

i feel i am in a quandary caused by contradiction.

i really struggle to have any confidence with the item as i was told it was one thing and then another

do i take a chance with the replacement choke in my near new Beretta risking the chance of damage to the barrel because i am told there was no problem with the choke,as there obviously was?

looking forward to hearing your thoughts and/or experiences.

This thread was never originally about customer service but it seems many have perceived it as such

the muller fan club turned it in this direction.

"If you no longer wish to use the choke then please feel free to return it to me for a full refund" this was never mentioned until after i made the first post

"To be honest," i do love it when sentences are started this way....always makes me wonder what people would say if they were not being.

cheers anyway Mark

Got teagues, mullers, and OEMs, like them all, no issues with any of them and subjectively pick them on how a kill looks through them and the impact on weight at the front end of the barrel. The mullers are in the K80 right now and I probably wont change them for a while unless needing to shoot larger shot and loads (i.e. out on a squirrel hunt Saturday). Chokes, cartridges, and gun selection is so subjective, my thoughts are pick what you like, and stick with it. What you dont, sell on, as someone else will like them.

Now yes I am a fan of muller chokes as some May have guessed personally I think it unfair the way smokin has been dealt with Nick really should have replaced smokings gun due to the faulty choke.

I know this will cause a bit of stress to Nicky but he has at least offered to refund my air fair to dubai because his chokes failed miserably to break those dubai targets.

Thanks Nick your a star

Paul Mac

I'm just glad I use fixed choke judging by everything I hear about multi's these days!

If you still have an issue with your Muller choke or your Beretta , I would be happy to examine and find the cause or if there is a fault free of charge to you.
Sounds like a good offer to me Pete!!! As I said previously......I'm glad I shoot fixed chokes!!!!

No.  The Muller chokes that I have work exactly as expected.  Not a miracle cure for crap shooting, aren't able to wire guide the shot pattern, but do what I bought them for. 

BTW, why don't you ask Gribben Miles what he thinks?  I'll give you a clue - those things sticking out at the end of the barrels of his Krieghoff are Mullers.  Helped him win $140,000.

Dubai, UAE - After four days of shooting, American shooter Gebben Miles has just taken the top prize at the Nad Al Sheba Championship in Dubai, UAE, earning the Men’s $140,000 payday in sporting clays’s richest competition.
See photos and links to scores at facebook.com/nadalshebasc.

Gebben-Miles.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back