FAULTY MULLER CHOKE

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
after being questioned on my background and shooting experience and answering freely i asked nickt the same as i presumed that would be fair to do so.

unfortunately it does not seem he wishes to reply.

rgds Mark

Mark,

Nick answered this - on this part of the thread : >

Here - 

Hi Mark,

I have absolutely nothing to hide, so here are the answers to your questions:

I have been shooting since late 2007. I have no engineering background at all; I leave that to the experts such as Jim Muller and Jack Wood (added for SkeetUK  ;) ).

I've pointed Jim at this thread so that he can offer his comments directly; something he is very willing to do at his earliest convenience.

Many thanks,

Nick

Hope this helps with the outstanding question you have.

Matt

schmokinn,

I find your post 128 very inflammatory, rude, and misleading.

Let us use a little bit of plain speaking here.

You bought a product and had an issue with it.

You contacted the supplier and they did everything within their capacity to satisfactorily rectify your issue , concern and dissatisfaction.

YOU chose to wash your linen in public and got some very honest replies which didn't confirm your experience.

I offered you a solution to correctly investigate the cause of a possible problem which you appear to have not heeded.

So until you have found out the true cause please do not make false accusations and slurs on anyone's integrity.

I do not have any Muller chokes, I do not believe that they are considerably better than original equipment and they do not make them suitable for my gun. I am not a Muller customer so I have no loyalty to the product. But I do know Nick Truter very well and although he is to engineering what Petroleum is to fire prevention, I can say he is a very good gentleman who would do his very best to provide customer satisfaction at all times .

To cast a slur such as saying that Nick could not be bothered to reply is outrageous.

In conclusion, no do not throw the Muller choke away, we have enough unwanted waste littering the planet . Gain yourself a little respect and give it away to someone who wants a Muller choke. 

If you still have an issue with your Muller choke or your Beretta , I would be happy to examine and find the cause or if there is a fault free of charge to you.
are you saying people haven't been speaking plainly,it seems they have to me.

just exactly how is me asking the same questions as other people rude and inflammatory and seen as its a question how in hell can it be misleading...

To cast a slur such as saying that Nick could not be bothered to reply is outrageous_ i could see him in blue at the bottom of the screen so i knew he was watching and i did not say he could not be bothered so i guess it was not a slur.

and having read the rest of your post i can see you are in the nick truter protection league,though quite what you are trying to protect him from is a mystery to me.

and ok the idea of throwing it away was at worst a flippant statement and certainly not a threat to the integrity of the planet

and i still believe that for somebody to make a judgement on a problem that includes engineering they need to have a background in it.

anyway thats half the question answered i wonder if i will get the other half.

also people are still saying it is a customer service issue....again your perception not mine and certainly not what i stated.

rgds Mark

I use Briley Chokes.

I have no problems! I screw them in - the target breaks. Voila!  :buba:   I am happy! :biggrin:

It strikes me that the only discrepancy left is that both main Muller website and Nicky's UK site state, in the FAQ's section, that the chokes only require finger tightening whereas in Nicky's exchange with schmokinn he suggests that they be tightened with a choke key.  Perhaps the websites need to be revised to state that some guns might require the use of a tapered choke key.

But in spite of that the OP has already been provided with a new replacement choke and as an alternative, has been offered a cash refund.  The gun is virtually new and Salopian has offered to check everything out for free.

I don't think that anyone on here has come up with any other problem with Mullers other than me when I said that mine work loose but I've now bought a choke key as suggested by Nicky yet the OP now thinks that everyone is just backing Nicky regardless.  From what I have seen on here if Mullers or Nicky were not up to scratch then there would soon be some adverse posts about it but that has not been the case to date.

It seems that the OP has been unlucky and has lost confidence in both Mullers and in Nicky and this is likely to mess with his head in the future so I would suggest taking the refund and put his behind you as I can't see you getting any more satisfied that what has been suggested to date.

Last edited by a moderator:
schmokinn,

I find your post 128 very inflammatory, rude, and misleading.

Let us use a little bit of plain speaking here.

You bought a product and had an issue with it.

You contacted the supplier and they did everything within their capacity to satisfactorily rectify your issue , concern and dissatisfaction.

YOU chose to wash your linen in public and got some very honest replies which didn't confirm your experience.

I offered you a solution to correctly investigate the cause of a possible problem which you appear to have not heeded.

So until you have found out the true cause please do not make false accusations and slurs on anyone's integrity.

I do not have any Muller chokes, I do not believe that they are considerably better than original equipment and they do not make them suitable for my gun. I am not a Muller customer so I have no loyalty to the product. But I do know Nick Truter very well and although he is to engineering what Petroleum is to fire prevention, I can say he is a very good gentleman who would do his very best to provide customer satisfaction at all times .

To cast a slur such as saying that Nick could not be bothered to reply is outrageous.

In conclusion, no do not throw the Muller choke away, we have enough unwanted waste littering the planet . Gain yourself a little respect and give it away to someone who wants a Muller choke. 

If you still have an issue with your Muller choke or your Beretta , I would be happy to examine and find the cause or if there is a fault free of charge to you.
i would love to take you up on that but unfortunately i am far from you,i have managed to take some video with the endoscope i have would it be possible to send that to you to have a look.

cheers Mark

thanks for the offer but after looking at the video the light is just to bright on the endoscope to clearly make out conclusively if there is any damage or not to the seating area or not does look a little rough around the barrel to seat shoulder but between reflections and oil residue its hard to be sure,i will take it into my local gunsmith and get it checked out,it would be stupid not to do so.

you are obviously entitled to your opinion on the problem but i am still 100% confident on the fact there was nothing to interfere with the seating of the choke

thanks anyway

rgds Mark

Send it back, get the refund offered, buy something you do have confidence in and move on life is too short!

thanks for the offer but after looking at the video the light is just to bright on the endoscope to clearly make out conclusively if there is any damage or not to the seating area or not does look a little rough around the barrel to seat shoulder but between reflections and oil residue its hard to be sure,i will take it into my local gunsmith and get it checked out,it would be stupid not to do so.

you are obviously entitled to your opinion on the problem but i am still 100% confident on the fact there was nothing to interfere with the seating of the choke

thanks anyway

rgds Mark
As a matter of interest, what do you normally use your endoscope for?  I can imagine, but would be keen to hear from youself. .

I have a Browning Citori with invector chokes fitted.

I have noticed for some time now that if I screw in half choke (Modified) there is a tendency to miss to the left.

Upon checking the choke I found that the thread form finished diametrically opposite my other chokes causing the choke to be slightly tilted when fitted in the bore. Does anyone have a Browning half choke with the thread finishing in line with the 'M' in modified engraved on the outside of the choke? If so what price please?

I have removed the barrels from the action and fitted the barrels into a Deben bench rest stand, then shone a Maglight through the bores and projected the light onto a black out curtain that I bought purposely from Dunelm Mill and with the half choke fitted into either barrel it definately throws a shadow to the left.

Is the choke faulty and should I send it back to Browning or could I get away with using quarter or three quarter? If I used quarter would it be too open? If I used three quarter would it be too tight? What about using Fibre wads? What brand ?

Could I have the thread altered on the faulty choke ? Where does the choke finish on a Muller M2.

Has anyone tried Rhino chokes.

There that should kill the Muller thread off now and give Nicky T a rest .

Have you tried aiming a bit to the right when using the Mod choke barrel?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Browning Citori with invector chokes fitted.

I have noticed for some time now that if I screw in half choke (Modified) there is a tendency to miss to the left.

Upon checking the choke I found that the thread form finished diametrically opposite my other chokes causing the choke to be slightly tilted when fitted in the bore. Does anyone have a Browning half choke with the thread finishing in line with the 'M' in modified engraved on the outside of the choke? If so what price please?

I have removed the barrels from the action and fitted the barrels into a Deben bench rest stand, then shone a Maglight through the bores and projected the light onto a black out curtain that I bought purposely from Dunelm Mill  and with the half choke fitted into either barrel it definately throws a shadow to the left.

Is the choke faulty and should I send it back to Browning or could I get away with using quarter or three quarter? If I used quarter would it be too open? If I used three quarter would it be too tight? What about using Fibre wads? What brand ? 

Could I have the thread altered on the faulty choke ? Where does the choke finish on a Muller M2.

Has anyone tried Rhino chokes.

There that should kill the Muller thread off now  and give Nicky T a rest .
This doesn't appear to be related to the title of this thread so maybe admin could move it and start a new thread? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back