fast trap choke

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to sugest you wait and try mine but that would create another problem, you would then want to go out and buy a Guerini. See you Sat. Al.
Cheers cya sat

Update

Well it seems last week I actually had 3/4 full in. Tried 1/2 - 3/4 today shot same score (86 ot) can't say I noticed any difference whatsoever. Same amount of first barrel kills same quality kills.

Conclusion

Choke selection is bollox. Will be putting 3/4 full back in as that has served me well for thirty years.

Bloody multis :)

Update

Well it seems last week I actually had 3/4 full in. Tried 1/2 - 3/4 today shot same score (86 ot) can't say I noticed any difference whatsoever. Same amount of first barrel kills same quality kills.

Conclusion

Choke selection is bollox. Will be putting 3/4 full back in as that has served me well for thirty years.

Bloody multis :)
One did say!     :D

No never too late Charlie. Fill yer boots :)

If a shooter of my meagre ability can hit and obliterate as many of their targets on the first barrel then I think 5/10 is probably plenty... but then I think of it this way. If you are a really good and accurate shot the fuller 7/10 is a better choice because you will break the targets with better certainty having the slightly greater density of shot? I would like to see the stats on a blind test trap shoot 5/10 vs 7/10 though, just to satisfy the mind.

Well through this particular gun I can't tell any difference between 1/2 & 3/4 BUT as we all know all guns are different.

Well through this particular gun I can't tell any difference between 1/2 & 3/4 BUT as we all know all guns are different.
I suspect that a critical pattern analysis would reveal a difference and IIRC Neil Winston did just that.  BUT, whether or not it would make a difference to you in terms of target breaks or scores could well be something else.  My fixed choke guns are all marked differently but it certainly doesn't seem to make any discernible difference to my results.  Prolly one of the greater advantages to being a hack shooter.

Prob correct Charlie. Multi thing is all bollox

Did that bloke Partridge not say his preferred first barrel was 3/8 ? But the dates of these articles put the shot load at 28g for OT might make quite a difference? I think the difference for someone like me is I am on a learning curve and have not got near the plateau yet so things like choke and cartridges are probably not a matter of great concern if I was searching for just one target per round to make 25 though I would probably be researching both urgently!

if I was searching for just one target per round to make 25 though I would probably be researching both urgently!
Without wishing to rake up old ground this is exactly what some of us eluded to in the budget cartridge thread.

I rest my case mi lud

Without wishing to rake up old ground this is exactly what some of us eluded to in the budget cartridge thread.

I rest my case mi lud
You may well have Ian but it was irrelevant to the OP question which was pitched by a club shooter talking about himself not what a possible big league champion might need. That is not by the way saying you are wrong!

Fare comment John But I think I did make a reference to club level shooters not gaining any benefit.

If you are at a level that you can hit 80% plus  in trap shooting chokes play no part as long as its half or above most of it is in your head......sporting can be a different matter due to the difference in target distances

Good point dave and true. As you witnessed today my kills were no different with 1/2

If you are at a level that you can hit 80% plus  in trap shooting chokes play no part as long as its half or above most of it is in your head......sporting can be a different matter due to the difference in target distances
Right that is chokes off my head games list check! Cartridges it is then.... :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point dave and true. As you witnessed today my kills were no different with 1/2
Ian, you can kill any trap target with 1/2 choke! Just stick half and full in that new toy and then forget about chokes mate! 

Latest posts

Back