Eley blues or Olympics

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Italians do make a decent shell, always have, but the only trouble is their shot sizes don't equate to ours so remember to order half a size smaller. Even then you won't necessarily get true 8's. In the old days they used to kick a bit more than other shells too but things seem to have calmed down a bit there.

The international discipline rules do not consider English sizes........ ..

I never think in English sizes......it just does not mean anything ...

U

The international discipline rules do not consider English sizes........ ..

I never think in English sizes......it just does not mean anything ...
I was abroad this week. Told the girls I was an 8.5. Need not tell them English sizes are smaller. :))))

You do realise that's just 2.2 mm circumference? :.: :.:
Blimey where did you lot go to school.

• C=πd. But what does that mean? There are 3 elements there to figure out. These are:

C, which is the circumference. This is the number we're looking for;
  • d, which is math shorthand for diameter, and is the distance between the widest part of a circle, measured across the center; and finally
  • π, or pi, which is pronounced "pie". Pi is an infinitely long number, but for us, 3.14 will be close enough.
[*]So, what that says in words is that the circumference of a circle is equal to the diameter of that circle, times pi.

I think you mean a diameter of 2.2mm, now work out the diameter if the circumerence is 2.2mm. Maths homework to be in on Monday Morning.

Andy

that'd be m = E/c^2 (after dividing both sides by c^2).

without deriving the equation, you can still check whether the units are right:

basic units:

mass : kilograms (kg)

distance: meters (m)

time: seconds (s)

derived units:

speed = distance/time : m/s

acceleration = speed/time : m/s^2

energy = mass * acceleration * distance : kg*m^2/s^2

the last equation might not be familiar, but it's the expression for the energy of motion. if a mass is accelerated at a constant rate over a distance, multiplying all 3 values together tells you how much energy was added by the acceleration.

In the same way that you can only get an acceleration by dividing distance by time squared, I hope you can see, to get an energy from a mass and a speed, you have to multiply mass*speed^2. as it happens if you use the speed of light, the result is the energy inherent in a massive object when it's at rest. since in our everyday experience speeds are typically much less than that of light, that means that most of the energy in the stuff we see is present as mass, not motion. I hope that helps a bit... clear enough?

Thats why heavier shot strikes harder and travels further.

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant 'correct' he has a tiny piece, but thanks for dropping science on us!

I meant to say girth Andy but didn't want to get Clever too pumped up. :.: :.:

Well I purchased some Olympics today couldn't get any fblu's so I'll see how I go with these anymore feed back on these will be good 28grms 71/2 plastic wad 70mm

Bronze overall and Silver C class at the world prelim sporting using Olympics. Nuff said :D

Bronze overall and Silver C class at the world prelim sporting using Olympics. Nuff said :D
Thought you were using those pink velocity things fuzz,olimpics also 3rd overall and won AA at world prelim for O DANNY BOY.

Thought you were using those pink velocity things fuzz,olimpics also 3rd overall and won AA at world prelim for O DANNY BOY.
Yep I am, Running low on stocks after the amount of shells I've shot in the last fortnight and only had a few boxes left and no time to get more. Had nearly a full slab of olympics which I used Fri and sat and broke out the Fiocchi golden traps for Sunday, Waiting for the winnings check to hit the mat so I can do a cartridge run :D

Out of interest matey why do you have 3 different types on you? Much better for you to get one than chop about I'd say....

Don't carry 3, just low on stocks and using what I had :) didn't realise how many I had burnt through and had to raid the helice slab :D

Don't carry 3, just low on stocks and using what I had :) didn't realise how many I had burnt through and had to raid the helice slab :D
I thought you'd won the lottery when I saw the Golden Traps come out!

Back