Eley blues or Olympics

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicola,

Calm down dear calm down its only a forum .............

We all have a little fun here you know

snigger snigger ...

Always calm jonz.........that how you win.

You are the 'emotional statement dude'

P M S L

Both decent shells especialy for price, Olympics cheapest, Blues slightly softer on the shoulder. Both will do the job as well if not better than most shooters!

I Bought Coleys Olympic alike on Saturday.

Seem all good to me.

But I used to shoot Firsts then Olympics and Superbs.

So Far always Eleys for me.

My Game Loads are all Eley too.

I have been sticking with ealy Blues for a couple of years now and cant say i have had any problems with them. They seem to a happy price medium - for me at least.

24g size 9 Eley Blues for me and haven't found anything I can't hit with them yet, well not counting 2 quartering crossers on Saturday at Ian Coleys of course !!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Either of those shells will out perform any of us on this forum by a long way. Dont buy into the "brand X kills more clays" rubbish.

True, although the past few times i have been into stockcraft he has done them for the old price for me £180 per thou - not cheep but seems to be for around here. And they say theres no money in Cartridges ???

Either of those shells will out perform any of us on this forum by a long way. Dont buy into the "brand X kills more clays" rubbish.
Yes but Fiocchi delivers on a World Level...... :)

Just watch the Olympic shooters ......!!

Couldn't agree more Ed, Its the bit that pulls the trigger that causes the miss, the cartridge just gets the blame !

I've settled on Clever Super Target 8's (T1's) for close/showing some belly stuff and Grand Italia 7 1/2's for longish/edge on clays. £158 T1's and £209 T3's, averages out about £180/1000. I think the T1's are at least as good as Olympics, Superbs, Fiocchi super speed or F Blacks, if not better, never shot Blues......

Last edited by a moderator:
I've settled on Clever Super Target 8's (T1's) for close/showing some belly stuff and Grand Italia 7 1/2's for longish/edge on clays. £158 T1's and £209 T3's, averages out about £180/1000. I think the T1's are at least as good as Olympics, Superbs, Fiocchi super speed or F Blacks, if not better, never shot Blues......
See.........another good Italian make Clever.......well done Darky.

See.........another good Italian make Clever.......well done Darky.
well i bought some of these a few weeks back, bought the grand italia T3 in 8s and 7.5s after reading reviews on them, well tried em out they were more thumpy than olimpics on the shoulder and kills were not as good as olimpics even though they,re £70.00 a thousand more, very disapointed overall and sold em for less than i payed for them.

I like to think it is a combo. Find the one you like and stick to it ........ (wink)

But...........the Italians are the best....... .

Then go abroad and find not a trace of them. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also impressed by Italian cartridges; have shot a fair few thousand Cheddites now with zero complaints :)

Back