Eley blues or Olympics

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was surprised you thought Clever were thumpy, I find them very smooth!?!? F/blacks and black Golds give a bit of sharp recoil, by far the worst I've shot at clays were some fiber wad D&J
Thats what i hoped but within 10 shots i knew they were not the ones for me but had to shoot the full 100 as thats all i,d took with me

Never been able to get any faith in Clever's. I saw a wad stuck in the barrel from a clever, a lot that made a funny noise when fired and a lot with lots of unburnt powder left in the barrel. Never been inspired to buy any after all that.

Hi if there was loads of powder unburnt in the barrel and a wad stuck, that has been cause by improper storage for sure. People leave shells lying in garages on concrete floors, car boots and all manor of damp places. Funny thing is its always the cartridges fault and never the place they were kept.

Easy to tell if they have been stored in the damp, there will be rusty marks on the inside of the boxes and a small amount on the head of the case.

Hi Tom , not knocking your shell's , just saying what I saw. I can't comment on the storage condition's though, or how long they had been in storage

Yes it is Nicola.

Perhaps we could discuss why Fiocchi use such soft, misshapen, lead pellets in their premium grade cartridges?

Perhaps round pellets of 5% antimony are actually a waste of time and money?

Perhaps if you are on form, any cheap cartridge will suffice?

Sellior and Belliot?

Didn't they win a Gold in China?

It was Grand Italia you tried? They are more punchy than T2's and very tight pattening.........B'ol Dor's are like butter
Funny innit. I feel less recoil with T3 than T2. As I think. I said before, recoil can be personal, mainly due to the type of 'thump'. Optima likes cheaper Eleys and I guess it's because the thump is high, but over very quickly. A T3 is a low thump, but it goes on for a while, more of a burn than a bang.

Clever Mirage are really nice shells, used to shoot T2's then went to Gand Italia and found them better, for a while I have been using Fiocchi Golden Trap, all excellent. However after my lesson on Saturday at Tom Youngs ground at N.A.S.G I was using the Clever Supertarget, now they are excellent, great breaks, smooth shells for the money. All my shots on saturday were through the bottom barrel and when I got home to clean the gun, really never had to,did not need a bronze brush, just a jag then a bristle brush with the lightest of Legia on it, I have never seen such a clean barrel using any shell no matter the price.

Chiefy :wink:

Yes it is Nicola.

Perhaps we could discuss why Fiocchi use such soft, misshapen, lead pellets in their premium grade cartridges?

Perhaps round pellets of 5% antimony are actually a waste of time and money?

Perhaps if you are on form, any cheap cartridge will suffice?

Sellior and Belliot?

Didn't they win a Gold in China?
Nope....... :kiss: because you make things up :p

Back