EJ Churchill 2.1.14

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
their website says that its winner in each class 

Last edited by a moderator:
A month later !!!!!!!!!! What's all that about ??????

This will be really interesting to see as it was advertised as a double up
Steve, they did that at my last visit...Clever & myself shared joint 1st in A & they took the cash payout towards entry, had to make up the shortfall & donate £££'s to make up the shortfall !!! :spiteful:   :spiteful:

Think the Cpsa website results should show you how many shooters shoot birds only and competition then shooters can check all that is due or more is being paid out to shooters , after all the difference between birds only and comp does not belong to the ground it belongs to the shooters !!

Think the Cpsa website results should show you how many shooters shoot birds only and competition then shooters can check all that is due or more is being paid out to shooters , after all the difference between birds only and comp does not belong to the ground it belongs to the shooters !!
The CPSA website does not show it. Only the ground will know. I believe EJC simply pay back what gets paid in.

Emmmm the prize on normal Thursdays is always the same , but the amount of shooters ain't always the same , maybe they subsidise it like we do

I am sure that EJ Churchills is an honourable ground.

Emmmm the prize on normal Thursdays is always the same , but the amount of shooters ain't always the same , maybe they subsidise it like we do
I THINK they do it on a cascade system. I.e. £30 for a win; only if they get 7 x £5 does it spill over and make a second place prize. Something like that.. Basically it tends to mean class wins get paid and usually little or nothing for lower places.. But pretty sure they don't keep competition money..

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a hot topic today , maybe because it was busier than normal , they might want to put it up somewhere as I did have a few ( which aren't to be fair regulars there ask me how we sort prize money . That's all as I don't know there system

It is up to the ground to decide how it pays out after overheads. I say again that they are a reputable company. No one can guess their costs on putting on a competition.

It is up to the ground to decide how it pays out after overheads. I say again that they are a reputable company. No one can guess their costs on putting on a competition.
I don't understand your point Tinker. What have overheads got to do with it? The prize fund is the sum of competition entry fees less the costs of entering birds only. If they want to augment it that is fine and at their discretion but surely the prize fund comprised from comp entries belongs to shooters and should be sacrosanct and not subject to deduction for any overheads as if so BO shooters are not sharing in those costs!

What am I not getting about your post and does anyone else not understand it? Just curious and on the iPad so can't show it with a friendly smilie!

Why can't there be clarity about this subject which comes up time and again. It ought to be published on every grounds website and put in front of shooters noses when they sign on to stop all this beefing and speculation which always comes across as if the grounds are fiddling the shooters.

Why can't shoot organisers understand this and be transparent about it!

Money is the root of all evil someone once said!

Rant over!

Totally agree Robert. I suspect what Nicola means is that any extra is at grounds discretion.. But I'm sure she will be along to speak for herself.

:) smilie on iPad done by colon and close bracket. :)

I don't understand your point Tinker. What have overheads got to do with it? The prize fund is the sum of competition entry fees less the costs of entering birds only. If they want to augment it that is fine and at their discretion but surely the prize fund comprised from comp entries belongs to shooters and should be sacrosanct and not subject to deduction for any overheads as if so BO shooters are not sharing in those costs!

What am I not getting about your post and does anyone else not understand it? Just curious and on the iPad so can't show it with a friendly smilie!
Chill Bobby.

Who said the difference between BO and competitions has to be all prize fund?

Show me where it is written...just asking..!

You won't be able to because prize money payouts are in the hands of the ground owners. It is for them to decide. You cannot just assume that the difference is prize fund unless a ground stipulates that 'x' from your comp entry goes to a prize pot.

If I was a ground owner I would put a % fine on moaning which would increase each time the offence was committed.....just saying..! :laugh:

All this hot air over money......it only goes to about 15 people max anyway :wink:

If I was shooting Queen I would say that only the winner of each class gets paid out....and winner of ladies, juniors and vets. That would make people step up to the plate :laugh:

And.....as I am on a roll....once you have a classification...you can only go up....and never ever be able to go down....stick that in your pipes and suck on it.

Smiley insterted up all :wink:

And now I am off for my shooting sleep....so keep it down please ya all.... Ah hahahahaha

I have no idea what 'they' do.....I put what I would do.......please keep up sweetie

Big smiley and lots of kisses :wink: from iPhone

It is stated somewhere that the difference between comp entry and birds only makes up the prize fund and strictly speaking the high gun money should not come out of this amount !!

I would just like to see all reg shoots run the same way , as for shoot overheads coming out first , I personally quite like that idea but I don't think any ground owner would get away with that for long

It is stated somewhere that the difference between comp entry and birds only makes up the prize fund and strictly speaking the high gun money should not come out of this amount !!

I would just like to see all reg shoots run the same way , as for shoot overheads coming out first , I personally quite like that idea but I don't think any ground owner would get away with that for long
Where?

Show me please.

Cpsa....they keep out of all reg prize money ....so it won't be there...

Come on folks....please show me .....pretty please :wink: so that at least we can have fact based discussion rather than get worked up on supposition.

Back