EJ Churchill CPSA reg ESP April 6th

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stand 5.

Up on the platform - green going away. (4)

Stand 7.

In the grouse butt field - chondelle on the right going away (3)

Stand 8.

Pink going away target (3)

Stand 9.

Simo Pair - Blaze going away & then the pink L - R crosser (3)

need to find that point were i stop and take stock / re-group a bit earlier rather than chuck that many targets away over 4 stands.
Same here. I was fine up on the platform, missed one of each.  Saw a much much better shot than me hit the first pair and miss the rest, so I was happy with that. On 7 I hit one of the loopers, Took it fairly early just as it was getting up to full height and much more gun speed than on the two I missed. On 8 I couldn't hit the battue.  9 I was fine with, missing the crosser on the first pair.  The other bird I couldn't hit was the going away rabbit (on 10 I think).

On reflection on both the battue and the rabbit I should have slowed down and had a think about it for a few seconds after the first pair.  I either should have increased the lead on the battue or left it later until it started to open out more near the bank.  With the rabbit I'm fair sure I was pushing through in front, should have changed technique, held the gun out there and waited for it to come to the gun rather than moving through it.

You live and learn.  Off to Horne today and will try to make myself slow down a little if I'm struggling on a target.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the new course setter there doesn't keep setting them like the premier league shoot...... from the feedback I think the entries will drop massively 

I hope the new course setter there doesn't keep setting them like the premier league shoot...... from the feedback I think the entries will drop massively 
I thought the pool shoot sportrap was hard.  I have not heard any feedback on the PL - did people considered it very tough then?

I thought the pool shoot sportrap was hard.  I have not heard any feedback on the PL - did people considered it very tough then?
I won't post publicly on here but generally thought it wasn't great.

We were just saying it wasn't a great round and they said it was a new course setter.

Hopefully they consider the sun a bit more for the next shoot.

Second half was a bit stiffer than the first, but as a C class shooter I didn't think it was overly hard.  I shot early (started at 9) and only one stand was even vaguely affected by the sun (stand 7 I think), but even that OK you had plenty of time to get onto the affected target when it had moved away from the sun

Second half was a bit stiffer than the first, but as a C class shooter I didn't think it was overly hard.  I shot early (started at 9) and only one stand was even vaguely affected by the sun (stand 7 I think), but even that OK you had plenty of time to get onto the affected target when it had moved away from the sun
I didn't shoot well but I have hit a bit of a plateau and self doubt at the moment.  Currently trying to just get on with it and not dwell although as I am an emotional person it is quite hard to do.  I am taking comfort in other people's stories of getting in a rut and then get out of it.

I didn't shoot well but I have hit a bit of a plateau and self doubt at the moment.  Currently trying to just get on with it and not dwell although as I am an emotional person it is quite hard to do.  I am taking comfort in other people's stories of getting in a rut and then get out of it.
I'm similar.  A bad shoot (or even a bad stand) and I end up doubting what I'm doing, hanging on to targets and slowing the gun as I'm trying to make sure rather than just doing it.  I'm feeling confident at the moment and things are going well.  Won't take much to change that though.

you feel like you've plateaued, I feel like I'm at the top of my game - we both scored exactly the same at WLS and EJC!

I'm similar.  A bad shoot (or even a bad stand) and I end up doubting what I'm doing, hanging on to targets and slowing the gun as I'm trying to make sure rather than just doing it.  I'm feeling confident at the moment and things are going well.  Won't take much to change that though.

you feel like you've plateaued, I feel like I'm at the top of my game - we both scored exactly the same at WLS and EJC!
I was sick the day of WLS, I had been for a while so I was very glad to get that score as I was all over the place.  EJC well I just didn't get into it and I am such a "cut off my nose to spite my face person", I just give up trying.  I am trying to work on that but so so hard -  50 years of being that way.  I am my own worst enemy, when I should be trying to build a score I just don't bother.  I regret it every time but I don't change.  

I was sick the day of WLS, I had been for a while so I was very glad to get that score as I was all over the place.  EJC well I just didn't get into it and I am such a "cut off my nose to spite my face person", I just give up trying.  I am trying to work on that but so so hard -  50 years of being that way.  I am my own worst enemy, when I should be trying to build a score I just don't bother.  I regret it every time but I don't change.  
I had a cracking start (for me) at EJC with only 8 dropped on the first seven stands.  Wheel fell off on stand 8 (couldn't hit the battue for some reason) and I was pleased not to crash and burn totally, although I had a couple of other stands that weren't brilliant.

Part of my issue is that I have a good memory for numbers and I know what my score is.  If I'm not doing well early on I know I need to try to make it up and I put pressure on myself.  I've consciously stopped myself thinking about it over the last month and just focusing on the next two targets.  It seems to be helping a bit.

So there's another shoot at churchill tomorrow it seems. Was there yesterday, they have an 'interesting' pair of driven! One comes from the mega-high cherry picker, and other one same origin but halfway down, and slower. VERY easy to be caught out by the speed/distance difference! 

Dunno if it'll be in the registered shoot tho...

Well 79 -- a bit disappointed, as I completely sank at the super-fast grouse crossers. The good news is that I recovered from the disaster! Otherwise that was a ~85 in the making. Doh.

CauSNHb.jpg

Latest posts

Back