EJ Churchill 2.1.14

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed all u again! Shot round or a steady 82 in b class. Left several out there with 1 and 2 away stands ! Well put together shoot really enjoyed it,

Missed 2 on stand 1 :( all balls of dust then let 2 get by ..

Got on the pool shoot and got 11 out of 15 missed c bird 3 times. :(

Enjoyed it and only took 1 hour and 20 mins to get 2!

Clever how much further is Weston wood?

Cool thanks so not that bad think I'll go up there to the next 1.

Ya would of been good to say hello.

Well shot to you 2!

Weston wood is another 30 mins up to junc 9 m40

Good day today I managed a 95 , m rouse 96 and excellent 98 c Childerhouse

I missed the first bird on three seperate stands mis read them , very sloppy

Weston wood is another 30 mins up to junc 9 m40

Good day today I managed a 95 , m rouse 96 and excellent 98 c Childerhouse

I missed the first bird on three seperate stands mis read them , very sloppy
How good is this shoot Steve?? Would like to hear a course setters opinion, never know could be up that way sometime!!

98 is ridiculous round there. Chris hit a 98 or 99 one time at Newbold when the next best score (from very good opposition) was about 91. Even Chris said it was unreasonable!

Nice easy shoot but I left some for breeding :)

I think 98 should do it :wink:
Errrrrm hate to point out the obvious.....but after shooting it i did say a 98 would do it :wink:

I told Mickey it was easy and he would nail it when i saw him in the clubhouse.

Golden Mickey and Chris....great shooting from both of them xxxx

Errrrrm hate to point out the obvious.....but after shooting it i did say a 98 would do it :wink:

Alright, alright.. ;)

I have to say at least 3 people a good way into the 90's doesn't sound like a really hard shoot, respect to all those who did it though because it's usually the easier birds that harm your final score.

It was pitched about right I would say. LOTS of good people didn't break 90 though. A big entry today and that means more attempts at it to find a great HG. Scores look very similar to Weston Wood I suspect.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was pitched about right I would say. LOTS of good people didn't break 90 though. A big entry today and that means more attempts at it to find a great HG.
I'd say it was pitched right as well looking at the scores, there is nothing clever about making AAA's shoot mid 80's. 

I'd say it was pitched right as well looking at the scores, there is nothing clever about making AAA's shoot mid 80's.
Quite a few did! There was enough variety today that anybody could have a bad stand. Fast high battue wanting 10foot lead plus fiddley edge on close stuff. Something for all Achilles heels..

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a nice enjoyable and kind shoot and you just had to be careful to put them in the bag. Nothing is really easy until it is in the bag.

Eg...I whalloped all of the nasty fast bats but missed all of the easy crossers which was the first of the pair (it really started to grate which is why the bats got it..!!)....and i missed 3 on stand one for considering them easy bag fillers and not giving them the respect they deserved....3 'oh sh*te's' followed.....what a plonker. That was our last stand and was lucky to end on a 76...!!

It was a nice enjoyable and kind shoot and you just had to be careful to put them in the bag. Nothing is really easy until it is in the bag.
Eg...I whalloped all of the nasty fast bats but missed all of the easy crossers which was the first of the pair (it really started to grate which is why the bats got it..!!)....and i missed 3 on stand one for considering them easy bag fillers and not giving them the respect they deserved....3 'oh sh*te's' followed.....what a plonker. That was our last stand and was lucky to end on a 76...!!
Nice to meet you today.
Missed meeting Glen though.

We were all there together ...me Glen, Elvis, Gergana and him indoors :wink:

Nice to see you again toooooo

thi was a steady shoot no doudt about it , i should have had a 98 or possibly not missed any apart from the fast away mid which is my bogey target and when it flys hard into an orange bank tricky to focus on 

. i think the scores would have been higher genrally today if a bit more spring was wound onto the traps as alot were dying when you shot them and if not careful you were in front and over the top . folks said to me about the battue stand being hard but on one of my shoots that would have been a mediocre fill in stand .

i always think looking at ejc with a fresh pair of eyes why we dont shoot more good crossers off the tops of their banks , maybe shot fallout or some other restrictions .

we heard a few moans today about the scorers upsetting people but must say myself and harry found them really polite and good 

still got concerns about the worlds , fitasc sportrap and prelim all on the ground might be a bit cramped , but they might be able to extend somewhere else we will see 

but all in all a very good sociable day out 

anyone know what the prize fund was and how many places we paid per class , that seemed to be a hot topic of conversation this afternoon

steve

Payout is a month after the shoot?!?
Lainy was second in C today and we waited until the end to be told payout a month after the shoot!

A month later !!!!!!!!!! What's all that about ??????

This will be really interesting to see as it was advertised as a double up

Back