Dubai.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I know it is the luck of the draw etc., but where is the sense in having such a prestigious competition if it is not a level playing field???????

This exactly my argument with the British & English Nationals , Thursday it's blowing a gale and some of our very best get eliminated by missing the cut , Friday , Saturday mild weather and we get some qualifiers who are then humiliated in the Sunday Super Final . World and Nationals should be won by the very best , not someone who finds a nugget on Saturday.

None of the top 30 men have shot layout 4 yet,theres is going to be some moving about on the leader board yet.great results from the ladies hope they have good luck with the weather tomorrow.

Yes, clearly three difficulty levels over the 4 layouts, which are being shot on different days. Toss in the wind factor and it will be very open until the final minutes.

This is becoming really quite exciting, and I'm not normally an excitable sort!

I find myself checking the updated results frequently throughout the day (when the Boss isn't looking of course!).  :biggrin:

And all of them have shot layout 2.  If I was a betting woman there are a couple of Spanish blokes that I'd be tempted to have a little flutter on for that reason.
I thought George Digweed had shot layout 4?

Still all to play for indeed.... heard that Gebben had 20 on Layout 4 this morning, wind has got up to change the layouts again. 

Looking at the top 8 SO FAR - none of them have shot Layout 4.... 

CORRECTION - Gebben DID score a 20, it's on the scoreboards... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Two names to watch tomorrow : - Juan Carlos Navarro Asin and Juan Valero Dominguez, both on 113 with Layout 2 to shoot

Last edited by a moderator:
George Digweed has shot layout 4, he's just not in the top 30...
I was thinking as top 30 shooter in the world rather that the comp. As mentioned previously about the format of shooting layouts in different orders, the leaderboard isn't worth looking at!

I was hoping that the phrase "it's the same for everyone" was correct, but it's beginning to seem like a lottery to when you shoot the layouts and their difficulty?

More a game of chance than a test of shooting ability?  :prankster:

Still one hell of a challenge though!  :biggrin:

dubaiweather.png

Just looking at the difference between the wind today and tomorrow - you can see the challenge everyone is facing! 

I was hoping that the phrase "it's the same for everyone" was correct, but it's beginning to seem like a lottery to when you shoot the layouts and their difficulty?

More a game of chance than a test of shooting ability?  :prankster:

Still one hell of a challenge though!  :biggrin:
Think it's as fair as it can be but the sandstorm today isn't helping things......

Any multi-day competition has the potential for becoming a game of chance if the weather plays silly buggers.

Latest posts

Back