Shotgun Cabinet Information

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I am sorting out my 1-3 shotgun cabinet whilst waiting for a shotgun certificate to be granted.

Points from the Home Office Firearms Security Guide:

- "Shotguns must be stored securely to prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable, unauthorised people taking or using them."
- "Any security device should be securely fixed to the fabric of the building."
- "Wherever possible, it should be fixed to a wall that is built from bricks or concrete blocks or to the floor."

It is not reasonably practical for me to install my cabinet to a solid wall or floor due to the construction of my house.

I have installed my shotgun cabinet in an upstairs cupboard and securely anchored it in a corner to the wooden floor. I believe (but can't guarantee) two of the four screws are fastened to the floor joists. Additionally, the back of the safe is firmly secured to a plasterboard wall with four heavy-duty hollow wall anchor bolts.

My residence is located in a low-crime area (Level 1), and I mostly work from home. I'm curious if anyone else has placed their cabinet in a similar manner and encountered any issues during inspections.

I am also wondering about the inspection process itself. I've heard that inspectors may pull on the safe to ensure its security. I have tested this and the cabinet does not move when pulled on Gun Safe Move, it's pretty secure in that respect. Do I need to unlock the safe for the inspectors to carry out additional checks or can it remain securely locked during the inspection?
Hello. have been browsing safes and would like to stay around the $500 mark. I saw a no frills but real safe from Cabela’s for $550, I missed the costco ones by a day, darnish. I would like 8-10 gun capacity Any other places to look or recommendations?

Latest posts

Back