Dubai.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if different amounts of dots on your balls effects it's flight path and or its poi, does one require different choked golf bats depending on said dottage ?

Golf ball technology is almost as varied as cartridges, what with different skin materials, ball size, dimple size and spacing, dimple depth?, core materials, inner mantle, middle mantle and outer mantle, solid core for distance, liquid core for spin control, etc, etc ,etc. 

Sounds like a load of balls to me :)

Fore!!

DT

BTW how did a thread which started off wishing all those off to Dubai good luck turn into a 16 page thread about golf??

Thread drift or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but what about the effect on poi ?

Are cheap balls as good as high end balls for a high handicap club ball basher ?

How many balls can I legally store ?

Will the golf club captain ten bob millionaire let me sit on his chair if I give him some of my balls ?

:sarcastic:  

BTW how did a thread which started off wishing all those off to Dubai good luck turn into a 16 page thread about golf??

Thread drift or what?

no idea   :sarcastic:

Have you seen how many different golf balls there are to buy, you could get very carried away.

To be honest, they were shooting in a big bunker, so that is kind of golf related and Dubai is in the Gulf .....

Have you seen how many different golf balls there are to buy, you could get very carried away.
Almost as many types as there are cartridges! :)

Shooting golf balls, best thing to do with the damned things.

Too lazy to read the whole thread but is someone proposing dimpling lead shot?

Now there's a thought. Introducing a bit of a hook or slice onto a shot could make chasing crossing targets a bit easier! :)

Lets see what choke do I need for this target? Think I might go Light Full with a hint of a fade and some backspin!

The 'discussions' on the forum could get even longer than the ones about anchors on a boating forum!

Almost as many types as there are cartridges! :)

Shooting golf balls, best thing to do with the damned things.

Too lazy to read the whole thread but is someone proposing dimpling lead shot?

Now there's a thought. Introducing a bit of a hook or slice onto a shot could make chasing crossing targets a bit easier! :)

Lets see what choke do I need for this target? Think I might go Light Full with a hint of a fade and some backspin!

The 'discussions' on the forum could get even longer than the ones about anchors on a boating forum!
Don't even go there matey ;)

Even if they could dimple shot, the variables you introduce would probably be more detramental to the shot string.

Imagine having 300+ pellets each having its own trajectory  influenced by dimpling ,gravity & force.

At that time, barn door's would be seriously worried

:santa: :)

golf is weird, walk miles,, spend a fortune,, hit the ball as few times as you can,, the less you hit, the better you are ?  well, clay shooting seems to be the other end of the spectrum,,  :biggrin:  same skill, different need.
Here another reason to stick with clay shooting: You have a shotgun and not only clubs. Hopefully slugs are not ruining the chokes. :wink:

10985325_1026617190700123_2583641944121186394_n.jpg

Alligator hazard is par for the course at Florida golf club

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/mar/12/alligator-florida-golf-club-par-for-the-course

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myakka-Pines-Golf-Club/456141264414388?fref=nf

Back