A funny thing happened at the Ground yesterday !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've nothing against auto's if used with a flag, having shot an auto myself l am always aware when they are on the stand. On two occasions l have watched people come off the stand with a loaded gun, the first time the guy was quite indignant chatting in a group of friends when l pointed out he was still loaded! The second time was the clubs "safety officer" miss counted how many he had loaded and ended up with three shells in the gun, after shooting two came off the stand fully loaded! I had a quite word so as two not embarrassing him. None of these people used flags!
As someone who does on occasion shoot a semi auto after going through some very minor but incredibly good firearms training relating to the firearms club I shoot at I can now not walk off the stand without rotating the gun to double check it is clear. It’s has now become second nature after shooting a bullet gun. Which is no bad thing as more of the close calls I have seen have been with people who as you say for whatever reason miss count or forget that there is another shell in the gun.

Latest posts

Back