Clay shooting - The future

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure about statistics but as somebody who has shot a bit of OT DT and OSK I would agree with Jake that the new DT is the hardest to build a gold score at. Not statistically significant but all shot with consistently mediocre performance level to balance the final result.
You know I have never tried shooting DT the very thought fills me with dread, I am bad enough with one target never mind two!

Now look what you have gone and done Alan :resent:  For what its worth Nicola he made me do it :whistle:
Your trying to get me in trouble Shaun... I'm afeared of Nicola already! I was totally aiming that comment at the Trap shooting statistical trio... Ian, Les and John.

Ps - were an anal lot us trappies but we have good humour :)

Your trying to get me in trouble Shaun... I'm afeared of Nicola already! I was totally aiming that comment at the Trap shooting statistical trio... Ian, Les and John.

I have an excuse though Kentskeet, I come from a work back ground where as soon as I got a result I started analysing the data and then the reasons why I got the result in the first place to see if it was real and significant. If I could not prove it was a load of shoite there was a stats department that I could hand it on to who invariably did! In other words I am more to be pitied than scorned! :)

That's right Ian...it's all good humoured.. I did try ABT once.. They indicated the misses with an old fashioned car horn.. I thought I was about to be run down every time I pulled the trigger,,, fortunately in Skeet the ref just says 'lost' !

That's right Ian...it's all good humoured.. I did try ABT once.. They indicated the misses with an old fashioned car horn.. I thought I was about to be run down every time I pulled the trigger,,, fortunately in Skeet the ref just says 'lost' !
Still do that at our club! It is quite handy though it usually confirms what I was thinking!

Kent

ha, i still get the horn on a regular basis.

Most clubs are now in the 21st century and have a buzzer, equally as annoying as the horn. Prefer it to some sarcastic git saying LOST :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Me thinks you have a one track mind Mr kent, I was referring to the miss horn ...... honest :)

I think it is now 32.5 degrees from peg 3 what that equates to at peg 1 i have no idea, .
By my dodgy maths I believe the answer to the above question is 54.3 degrees !! which makes it worse than the most angled target (45 degrees) in OT.

More like a 'crosser' than a going away bird!  and really satisfying when you smoke em all! Not the hardest target in my books. It's the straightaway ones I struggle with!!

DT

PS: prepared to be shot down in flames

Last edited by a moderator:
I think us trappies are in a minority you know Ian, not just on here, but in the whole of clay shooting in the UK!!!!  OK there are quite a lot of DTL boys out there, especially up your way, but when it comes to the fast stuff........... :fie:

Me thinks you have a one track mind Mr kent, I was referring to the miss horn ...... honest :)
Oh..........and WHO is miss horn when she's about Ian? Does Lynn know about her?

God you know all this talk has actually got me thinking about life and how short it is for an individual. I lost my mate and his wife over the last four years, 52 and 56 both cancer knew him from primary school ! You are right though Ian get it done pronto the sand is running out! Now less of this morose chat I'm going to do it now ... right through to the kitchen for another cup of tea! :)
"the sand is running out!"

Ha ha, my sand has bloody well run out, but I am still waking up in the morning. :suicide:

Phil*

By my dodgy maths I believe the answer to the above question is 54.3 degrees !! which makes it the worse than the most angled target (45 degrees) in OT.
I rest my case mi lud

Oh..........and WHO is miss horn when she's about Ian? Does Lynn know about her?
She probably has an idea Les, as I often talk about how many times I have had miss horn when I return from a shoot. I tell her that the only reason I keep going is that I wish to get better and the more I do it now the less miss horn I will have in the future. She seems to have accepted it now that I have explained the situation, she is a very understanding wife.

PS - I actually have less miss horn now than I did when I was in my twenties but I expect that's what happens when you get older.

Back