Returning Clay Shooter & New Member

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etonwick

Hi All, I'm just getting back into the sport after a 20 year break (you know how work can get in the way). I shoot at the National Clay Shooting Centre, Bisley - starting with English Skeet to get my eye back in then I want to try Sporting. My gun is a Miroku 7000 Sporter - practically unused as I bought it shortly before "quitting"!

Look forward to chatting with you guys in the forums.

I did something similar while my kids were growing up, luckily the older lad developed an interest in shooting and I got back into it before it was too late.
Skeet is great practise, something I do (too infrequently.) You are probably aware that you can do Pay and Play on the sporting layout at Bisley Long Siberia, it tends to be really quiet midweek, you can go round on your own or with a mate and shoot at your own pace, selecting whatever targets take your fancy, they want to see proof of insurance like a CPSA card or similar.
Also at Bisley is Cottesloe Heath (near the clock tower) they do a 100 bird sporting clay shoot once a month, it's not too tough, Fibre wad only. Book in advance to get onto a squad, call Bisley shooting ground or drop into the office next to William Evans. The August shoot is a 100 Bird Reg ESP so might be fully booked by now (but maybe not.)

I did something similar while my kids were growing up, luckily the older lad developed an interest in shooting and I got back into it before it was too late.
Skeet is great practise, something I do (too infrequently.) You are probably aware that you can do Pay and Play on the sporting layout at Bisley Long Siberia, it tends to be really quiet midweek, you can go round on your own or with a mate and shoot at your own pace, selecting whatever targets take your fancy, they want to see proof of insurance like a CPSA card or similar.
Also at Bisley is Cottesloe Heath (near the clock tower) they do a 100 bird sporting clay shoot once a month, it's not too tough, Fibre wad only. Book in advance to get onto a squad, call Bisley shooting ground or drop into the office next to William Evans. The August shoot is a 100 Bird Reg ESP so might be fully booked by now (but maybe not.)
Many thanks for the info Martinj. I'll check both of those out ... as soon as I'm a bit less rubbish ;-)

Latest posts

Back