Cheating in Our Sport

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And still using my name and relating a comment back to me. Note - I have no interest in your opinion of anything. Do not use my name in any more of your posts. I hope that is clear enough now. I have tried to put it in clear English.

Hamster said:

Thanks you young sir for the (private) info via FB. I am mortified beyond words, it is too much if true. I really hope it isn`t. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif
Hammy shouldn't you also said there "if it's true you hope he's brought to book! " !     I think no one really wants to hear it's true But I think I speak for us all when I say that any Cheat/Thief needs to be hit by the Full extent of the law - should that be of the sport or land or both ..Nigel

Look Campers, from the beginning of this thread I have urged caution. I have commented in a general context and not related to any shooter specifically. I have also urged people not to mention names for you will regret it if sued or you will regret it is the gossip is later shown to be false.There are lots of people out there who have agendas against various shooters for what ever reason, some are personal and some are political. There are also shooters who have not put the sport in a good light at times in the past. However if it does not involve you directly can I advise yet again that you keep out of it. This is not an investigating court it is a shooting forum and the only information given up to now is gossip and 3rd party hearsay . Plus this is not the place to bring information to or expect a result from.Excuse the difficulty of writing from an iPhone.

Last edited:
OK - once again, I have to remind everyone that ShootClay will not allow any comments that relate to live issues on the forum - I'm happy for a general discussion about cheating (no-one wants it, no-one condones it).  And - please - stop bitching at each other in here - I'll stop the thread first, ban the users second and close the forum third if you can't play nicely. I'm tired, jetlagged and I log back on to find everyone going back to the 'old days'. Please don't be chumps.

To perhaps take the heat out of this topic.I will leave it to the people involved directly in this incident to sort it out.

Hamster said:

Last time this subject was raised on a different forum somebody named and shamed, nothing came of it i.e, the guy didn`t get banned nor the namee get sued.
I'll make a promise here and now - if anyone gets named (or inferred) - I'll ban them, and I'll delete the thread. Until I see someone accused and proved in the press, then we'll not be part of it. Hope you all understand why I don't want this site involved in this crap. 

with Respect to Matt - I've finished commenting on this thread even though I started it I'm beginning to regret it now. Nigel

Nige, don't regret anything,you've done nothing wrong.There have been too many rumours for too many years,it's time the CPSA  had a good look at things to either prove or rule out things once and for all.  Azzurri. 

i would agree with nics point that unless you witnessed it with your own eyes then there is little point getting involved and wound up by it. i would never accuse someone of cheating unless i had 100 percent witnessed it myself

I think this is all something of a moot point now as the incident to which I believe most a re referring was discussed in a board meeting today and the CPSA are not going to take action. Problem solved, back to the discussions about gun cleaning!!!

EdSolomons said:

I think this is all something of a moot point now as the incident to which I believe most a re referring was discussed in a board meeting today and the CPSA are not going to take action. Problem solved, back to the discussions about gun cleaning!!!
"moot", thats a bit posh after having council grub today mate .

I think this thread has run it's course on the forum. I think we can all agree that cheating is something that our community is committed to stamping out, and that no-one supports it.  ShootClay endorses that position, but is also mindful of the fact that so much is rumour and hearsay, it is difficult to comment without knowing the facts and being a witness. We should also remind ourselves that any shooting forum, or for that matter any shooting website is a window into our sport for the next generation of great shooters. Dishonest actions, our discussion of cheating, and our reactions when we discuss important issues are the models of behaviour that our future champions will follow.  Please think about that when posting a snap reaction to a comment or an accusation or denial of a controversial action. I'm closing the thread now, so that we don't spiral into speculation and get ourselves into trouble. If anyone has an issue with me doing that, then please contact me outside the forum and I'll happily discuss that. Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back