Cheating in Our Sport

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fill me in via FB please Nige /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif

Nige can I suggest that you do not fill anyone in by FB or any other written media and avoid naming anyone in direct verbal conversations especially people that you do not know or those after gossip because it is very easy to be mis-quoted. This is a subject that should be dealt with by those who have witnessed such goings on and the NGB's that they formally complain to. Just a word of polite caution for you my friend.

much appreciated Nic, as you and others who know me will know all I want is to have the cheats caught and outed -- names are not as important as the fact they that they have been up to recently getting away with it, but thanks again - advise taken on-board. Nigel

Salopian, would you mind keeping us informed. Has the gentleman in your area who was annoyed / incensed  actually done anything about it yet? And if so has he had any response?I suspect that the only response he will get will be a typical 'kick into the long grass' type response and that will be after many members £'s have been spent on a) obtaining 'legal advice' of one sort or another and then B)  trying to understanding it and then followed by c) weeks of indecision on whether to act, etc etc etc etc etc . (Where is my Form Book/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif.....I must keep note/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif).Whoever it was who is suspected of having cheated at some event????here or abroad??? who knows???? ......I will put money on it that absolutely nothing is done about it.I will take a simple £10 bet with one of you on here. Who fancies it?My £10 is that any culprit (if there is one) will not be brought to book!!!!!

Problem is most people don't have the spine to stand up and say anything, too happy to carry on and hope it won't happen again!

Ed,It is no good anyone burying their head in the sand and hoping it will not happen again.Because if it is true what people are saying, the culprit is a serial offender.I did not witness it myself but rest assured, if ever I witness cheating it will be exposed and I will not let it rest.If you cheat and take any prize, it is thieving. If you cheat to raise your score for your own ego then you are delusional, pure and simple.Nicola, a question.If you know someone has cheated by altering their score, why can you not name them for fear of prosecution?

Salopian said:

Nicola, a question.If you know someone has cheated by altering their score, why can you not name them for fear of prosecution?
Last time this subject was raised on a different forum somebody named and shamed, nothing came of it i.e, the guy didn`t get banned nor the namee get sued.

There you go Hamster has answered for me. Not what I would have said but hey......he thinks for some reason that he can speak for me.Salopian send me your email and I will answer my own question where there is no rude butting in.

I have read this thread with interest but have never come across the cheating which most of you have as i'm a relatively new shooter. There has been much speculation as to heshe did thisthat and my question is what would be the best practice to eliminate cheating, if not eliminate at least minimize it to the smallest possible percentage. Cheers, Jon.

Why should people be afraid of those who have and are continuing to cheat because they have got away with it in the past ? it's the cheats that should be the ones who should be afraid and ashamed of their despicable acts ! they are Thieves who should have their gun licences revoked for life and be classed as an "unsuitable" person not to even be allowed to hold a shotgun - if someone who was a know thief wanted a gun licence I doubt if they would be granted it ( I could be wrong) so take it away from the Cheating Thieves who already have one.There is NO place in sport for Cheats & Thieves... Nigel

Nicola said:

There you go Hamster has answered for me. Not what I would have said but hey......he thinks for some reason that he can speak for me.Salopian send me your email and I will answer my own question where there is no rude butting in.
I wasn`t answering for you. Using someone elses quote to interject with an input is common enough Nicola, you ough to know that by now.

Nigel said:

Why should people be afraid of those who have and are continuing to cheat because they have got away with it in the past ? it's the cheats that should be the ones who should be afraid and ashamed of their despicable acts ! they are Thieves who should have their gun licences revoked for life and be classed as an "unsuitable" person not to even be allowed to hold a shotgun - if someone who was a know thief wanted a gun licence I doubt if they would be granted it ( I could be wrong) so take it away from the Cheating Thieves who already have one.There is NO place in sport for Cheats & Thieves... Nigel
The answer is there is no reason to be afraid if you have proof. This is why I asked to be privately filled in via FB before being rudely butted in by Nicola who seems to be the resident barrister on sport sueing. If you don`t have proof then it shouldn`t even be raised as a thread in all fairness.

Hamster do not name me in any of your posts and I will not refer to you again. I have no intention of letting your attitude to me affect the conversations on this website. This is a different place where friends speak about shooting. I have no intention of being stalked again by you.

Campers. I have never purported to be a barrister. I have urged caution from the beginning of this thread from my experience. However not sure how many people have been involved in or outside of court I suspect non on here have had any experience of libel or libel lawyers. I have. End of.Matt if Hamster insists on this stalking i suggest that I leave this forum because I do not want the same malice as on 'the other place' from him To happen on here. Apart from it being very very boring it is also devicive to what is becoming a great site. .

Calm down mother and have a cup of green tea your getting your bloomers in a knot. Hammy only has eyes for me x

Not funny Ed this time. I am perfectly calm as always you know me. Just do not want to be bored again by a mod from another failing forum.

Lets get down to the facts! [Comments removed - I have been really clear - I am not having any reference to issues that are currently live - sorry, but I don't think the site should have references to issues that are live - however oblique - Matt] The Lone Canadian,Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gifBTW, British libel laws don't work here! [Problem here is that the SITE resides inside the libel laws - so I won't allow any of those comments]

Last edited by a moderator:
Please no comments on facebook, as these are very public!The Lone Canadian,Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gifBTW, The one enjoying the rich and famous lifestyle, it the perpetrator!

Nicola said:

Hamster do not name me in any of your posts and I will not refer to you again. I have no intention of letting your attitude to me affect the conversations on this website. This is a different place where friends speak about shooting. I have no intention of being stalked again by you.
Are you even listening to yourself Nicola? It is YOU who seems to be stalking me and baiting me for a rise. I have zero problem with your suggestion of you and I keeping a friendly distance.

Thanks you young sir for the (private) info via FB. I am mortified beyond words, it is too much if true. I really hope it isn`t. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back