Consultation on Firearms Licensing

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartynB

BASC have informed all members that the government has invited responses to a consultation arising from the licensing fiasco that culminated in the Plymouth shootings . I don’t know what the CPSA response to this is , I’m no longer a member . However for anyone who isn’t aware it’s worth reading the article on the link , and if you are serious about your sports future , consider submitting a response . You can be sure the Anti -Shooting brigade will be doing so en mass . BASC have templated a table of their responses to the questions which you might want to look at . It will take 5 minutes to respond and have your voice heard .

https://basc.org.uk/changing-rules-on-gun-ownership/

Already done but thankyou for bringing it to the attention of the forum ! Everyone who shoots should be responding to this .What is CPSA doing on the subject?

COME ON IT ONLY TAKES 5 MINUTES TO FILL IT IN, 300 HAVE VIEWED THIS POST & 10 HAVE CONFIRMED THEY HAVE FILLED IT IN ( PATHETIC )

Last edited:
Bill Harriman says it all in the Video link posted by Lefty Loose really , “ if you can’t spend 5 minutes to save shooting , then frankly you shouldn’t be shooting !

A few months back I was on a Wednesday afternoon clay bash and I met a chap called Frobisher who was canvassing for votes for a seat on the BASC council . He won a place ( I did vote for him ) . He’s an experienced PR guy and Parliamentary Lobbyist , just the sort of guy you need on an issue this , but unless hundreds of thousands of shooters add our voices , the Government could be forgiven for thinking we don’t care about the outcome .

This isn’t a BASC game shooting issue , it’s an anyone who owns any licensed gun issue . BASC just seem to be doing a better job at publicising it probably because their membership is x4 the CPSA

I've filled it in, but I do wonder how may anti gun people have filled it in as well.:unsure:

Survey completed. Given the potential impact of the proposed changes it’s a shame the CPSA aren’t pushing this. That said, I’ll take no instructions from BASC. Rather like the NRA in the US, I think they've fallen into the trap of saying no to any and all change, no matter how sensible it may be. Besides, their recent policy decisions suggest they hardly have the interests of their members in mind.

I used my own judgement too as I'm not a fan of BASC. The CPSA have as far as I can remember have never been pro active and my old number was 27572 when I joined them.

I have completed the survey to do my bit. I am not member of BASC but have now rd joined the CPSA, so haven't seen if this is on their website etc.

Back