Consultation on Firearms Licensing

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Survey completed. Given the potential impact of the proposed changes it’s a shame the CPSA aren’t pushing this. That said, I’ll take no instructions from BASC. Rather like the NRA in the US, I think they've fallen into the trap of saying no to any and all change, no matter how sensible it may be. Besides, their recent policy decisions suggest they hardly have the interests of their members in mind.
A very fair summary Jan , BASC do have an agenda and as a member I’ve never walked past their stand at a show without telling them they are selling out to commercial game interests , snd their stance on lead shot has seen people walk away from membership . However I do feel that at least they are making a point of trying to rally people to the consultation . They also in my opinion have a lousy public image but are working on it , at least I’ll see them quoted in the mainstream media regarding any firearms legislation .

I can’t recall the CPSA being quoted in any article or TV interview on firearms legislation . That’s a bit ostrich like IMHO as to the general public a gun is a gun is gun .

Still shooters are their own worst enemy , I’ve got mates who say don’t waste your time it’ll never happen .. some of them used to shoot pistols !

Survey completed. Given the potential impact of the proposed changes it’s a shame the CPSA aren’t pushing this. That said, I’ll take no instructions from BASC. Rather like the NRA in the US, I think they've fallen into the trap of saying no to any and all change, no matter how sensible it may be. Besides, their recent policy decisions suggest they hardly have the interests of their members in mind.

I've wondered about the stance of NRA. But I guess you have to draw a firm line somewhere.
Sure, ban assault rifles. Seems very very reasonable, and no one wants the horrific incidents seen in the USA and banning them would IMO help in a big way. Who needs an assault rifle? But there will always be those who just want to push for a total ban. Therefore, you might as well resist everything, however reasonable it looks, one change leads to the next, the next looking increasingly justifable no matter how unreasonable and before you know it, it's all gone. Traditions, businesses, and a very large community of people have lost their right to enjoy a legitimate amazingly inclusive sport.

Not everybody who has filled it in has to run back and put 'DONE' on here do they ?
Totally agree with you 100% but giving a little reminder & a little push considering what is at stake is worth it or would you rather me post don’t bother filling it in lads someone else will do it ?

Last edited:
I got a link sent to me by BASC so I filled in the thing.
I believe that all forms of shooting are under threat! Ok this is nothing new, but I reckon this time we are going to get hit hard!

The loaded questions are a statement of intent which shows that their concept of operations has already been decided so its just a matter of time, so there's another line of thought with this and whenever I see the masses being pushed via social media to do something like this I always take a condor moment to consider the bigger picture.

By recommending its members participate, the basc and cpsa are both behaving like useful idiots by giving this nonsense credibility through their backing and once again, doing their membership a disservice. Instead they should have issued a corporate positioning statement that exposes this obvious ruse for what it is. Its amazing how dumbed down and accepting of batshit crazy policies the general public, and shooters are.

I'm not completing this farcical questionnaire for the simple reason the Police have shown the nation that every UK Police force has obviously been subverted and cannot be trusted to fight petty crime let alone be judge and jury on who can be permitted a shotgun. They are simply not fit for purpose anymore and need radical reform. All their examples of tragedies the consultation references were in fact government sponsored false flag operations (terrorism) designed to manipulate public opinion to establish a pretext for removal of individual rights and firearms (just like in the US). It would not surprise me if they take the personal information they ask for on the questionnaire to target those individuals for their guns. Even the current process is too far, its unlawful and already breaches our human rights and data privacy under common law. Those who do not know how to keep themselves in common law jurisdiction when PC RainbowTurd comes knocking on their door for their guns will lose their guns. I'd recommend shooters start preparing by researching common law.

So you’re not going to complete it , you think those that our organisations are useful idiots . What exactly are you going to do to try to protect shooting ? Care to enlighten us . Are you a member of any shooting organisation ? and have you written to them or discussed your views with one of the regional representatives at a Championship shoot or Game Fair ?

Calling cops ‘ Turds’ on social media is a great way to represent shooters ! Thanks a bunch

Now let’s see … having read through your post - you’re not a Freeman of the Land by any chance ?

I'm not completing this farcical questionnaire for the simple reason the Police have shown the nation that every UK Police force has obviously been subverted and cannot be trusted to fight petty crime let alone be judge and jury on who can be permitted a shotgun. They are simply not fit for purpose anymore and need radical reform. All their examples of tragedies the consultation references were in fact government sponsored false flag operations (terrorism) designed to manipulate public opinion to establish a pretext for removal of individual rights and firearms (just like in the US). It would not surprise me if they take the personal information they ask for on the questionnaire to target those individuals for their guns. Even the current process is too far, its unlawful and already breaches our human rights and data privacy under common law. Those who do not know how to keep themselves in common law jurisdiction when PC RainbowTurd comes knocking on their door for their guns will lose their guns. I'd recommend shooters start preparing by researching common law.
Just when you thought you’d heard them all, along comes another one!

So you’re not going to complete it , you think those that our organisations are useful idiots . What exactly are you going to do to try to protect shooting ? Care to enlighten us . Are you a member of any shooting organisation ? and have you written to them or discussed your views with one of the regional representatives at a Championship shoot or Game Fair ?

Calling cops ‘ Turds’ on social media is a great way to represent shooters ! Thanks a bunch

Now let’s see … having read through your post - you’re not a Freeman of the Land by any chance ?
First, my comments and opinions are my own observations which are probably far more reaching than yours, and i never stated i represent shooters, and i care not one bit for those with egos who are easily offended, and even less for those who project false virtues.

Second, when the Police aren't protecting paedophiles, painting their vehicles in rainbows and glitter to push subversive degenerate narratives that are eroding decent societal family values, or are protecting criminals they go after law abiding folk because there's revenue to collect. So please know I was showing kind restraint by using 'turd'. The Police are without a doubt a failed and corrupted institution in the UK (Cresida Dick just one example).

I've been a member of the main shooting orgs for many years and long enough to know they are always run by the self interested - every shooting org is the same in that respect so discussing anything with them is a waste of time. Any individual or organisation / team who fails to fully investigate or research the basis, claims, and intentions of something so fundamentally wrong as what the consultation is indicating is definitely a useful idiot at best, but probably a moron, and at worst like 'lord' coe. Its the truth and i won't sugar coat it because you've been programmed to only accept info in a PC way. So yes, especially the fools who simply follow others like sheep with the basc and cpsa acting like Judas goats on these matters. Done, done, done - yeah well done! People never learn even after covid.

Your 'freeman of the land' quip is not only wrong but shows ignorance and prejudice and i dont know who the hell you think you are. Its not my job to 'enlighten you' its your own responsibility to enlighten yourself, because cpsa and basc arent going to help you, and this is the problem in the UK people are easily divided and conquered, and most are programmed to depend on the system and think its someone else's job to help or sort their problems - its always someone else's responsibility / fault. Well on this issue we all need to take responsibility for our own affairs and knowledge of law and rights is power here. Lawyers are irrelevant when you understand common law. I'm showing you a door here, it leads to very useful info that not only protects you but will save you £thousands a year so go and research or risk losing your guns.

My direct communication may be curt but I do not apologise because its necessary. I'm honest, truthful and genuinely hope my post helps at least one shooter snap out of their docile slumber on this issue, because every time this issue comes up you all walk into it like compliant little zombies, and the police over reaches that bit more. Its a long game played over decades and clearly they are only winning because most people are ignorant and apathetic. There are shooting grounds that councils have been given the consent and power to close them down out of the ground owners ignorance of what's lawful over the illusion of what's legal. Its incredibly sad and frustrating watching people do this and not taking the right advice.

What am i doing to protect shooting? Well the only thing I can do as an individual to protect shooting is to bring to everyone's attention the need for all shooters to research and realise the key matters of what is lawful and what is legal, the differences between the two, and what the police can and cannot do.

The magna carta and common law (law of the land) takes primacy over Admiralty law (necromancy / blacks law), which is what 'acts' are all based on. Law abiding Shooters who understand common law jurisdiction will have more success in safeguarding their property if their position is challenged by an over reaching Police Force.

And remember, the home office and the police work for us, they are funded by us. It's high time this clown show ends.

Just when you thought you’d heard them all, along comes another one!
Another what? What insightful solutions do you have? Wow! And you're a moderator and a 'Staff member'. 🤣

I've seen the other posts on this site where you are discussing why forum participation is down, well just look at what you've posted - you don't agree or like a truthful post and out comes your cognitive dissonance, dismissing me with a patronising response and absolutely no evidence of looking into what I stated - that is the height of ignorance.

As you're a Staff member please take this post as a formal request to delete my account. You can try to excuse yourselves with 'your tone is not good', but its clear to me that my input is not welcome, your all too old to accept any advice, and you don't like 'outsiders' participating in your little web forum.

Last edited:
BASC have informed all members that the government has invited responses to a consultation arising from the licensing fiasco that culminated in the Plymouth shootings . I don’t know what the CPSA response to this is , I’m no longer a member . However for anyone who isn’t aware it’s worth reading the article on the link , and if you are serious about your sports future , consider submitting a response . You can be sure the Anti -Shooting brigade will be doing so en mass . BASC have templated a table of their responses to the questions which you might want to look at . It will take 5 minutes to respond and have your voice heard .

https://basc.org.uk/changing-rules-on-gun-ownership/
Done - thanks for the reminder.

Another what? What insightful solutions do you have? Wow! And you're a moderator and a 'Staff member'. 🤣

I've seen the other posts on this site where you are discussing why forum participation is down, well just look at what you've posted - you don't agree or like a truthful post and out comes your cognitive dissonance, dismissing me with a patronising response and absolutely no evidence of looking into what I stated - that is the height of ignorance.

As you're a Staff member please take this post as a formal request to delete my account. You can try to excuse yourselves with 'your tone is not good', but its clear to me that my input is not welcome, your all too old to accept any advice, and you don't like 'outsiders' participating in your little web forum.
Sorry JJ47, but IMHO your attitude to this entire issue is wrong - the shooting community cannot afford to indulge in the sort of anti-police / anti-state rhetoric that comes so easily to you. We cannot and will not be seen as anarchists, railing against the forces of law and order ... it's simply assinine to do so.

It really is for the best that you find another outlet for your fury at the perceived sources of oppression in the UK. I just don't see them the same way as you.

All their examples of tragedies the consultation references were in fact government sponsored false flag operations (terrorism) designed to manipulate public opinion to establish a pretext for removal of individual rights and firearms (just like in the US).
The idea that someone who believes this absolute nonsense has access to firearms is a great argument for tighter control of firearms.

As for magna carta/ common law/ admiralty law - please do provide examples of when that argument has ever worked in court? 😂

Back