Cheating in Our Sport

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly this is a case of beggars cant be choosers. It is really hard for most shoots to find 10/12 scorers of any calibre. There just is not usually the room for being picky. I have to say though, it is unforgivable at even good registered shoots how it is USUAL to find at least one scorer who is not in possession of the basic rules. `First bird established` is a classic one; (or not so on a sim pair) never mind the more subtle stuff such as calling a lost target for the safety being left on etc. I can only imagine that if I ran a shoot, I would have a quick `team talk` with all scorers before the shoot started to ensure they all knew what was expected of them.. CSC3 

Do the shooters know all the rules themselves? I know that refereeing can be a thankless task given the attitude of some folk.

I also think straight after the squad has finnished and the scores have been checked over by those who want to shooters should be required to sign the score card and a master score card at the last stand. Nigel

Yep I agree with you Nige... good idear to sign master and score cards Rob

This topic has opened a can of worms in the shooting community that I know locally. So much so that one chap I know is going to contact the CPSA to ask why if they know this sort of thing is going on why do they not act.Who is actually going to  stick their head above the parapet and make a formal complaint?

Good luck to that chap :D tell him not to expect too much :)

it's all about balls & money -- how Big & how much ? Nigel

Hi All /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif What a subject for my first post on the forum /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif Nice site by the way Matt /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif As Nic says,the CPSA have had plenty of evidence over the years and done very little about it.I can remember talking about a massive score in unfavourable conditions a couple of years ago on another Web site /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif and here we are again,obviousley a different culprit (alledgedly) this time. The people who want to cheat have nothing to fear from the CPSA,there is no real punishment because there is never any evidence on a monday morning,only heresay,as the score cards that have been altered (alledgedly) will probably have been thrown in the bin by close of play on sunday. Weather these people use a magic pen or just pay markers for a straight (and you think i'm joking!!) they're killing our sport and should be booted out. Hard evidence is very hard to find,nobody wants suing or blackballing so what's going to change ? Azzurri. 

Hi Azzurri good to see you here mate, Remember once you emailed me a tip for my eye domination problem -- do you still have it  ?  I could do with it again /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif  anyway great to have you on SC - we hope you enjoy it and if you know any more about cheats lets hear it as everyone deserves to know . Nige

Hi Nige,Yes i'll PM you with the tip /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gifRegarding cheating,i can only remember one guy from my region 'North' getting a ban for a while for using 'The Pen' and most of the rumours i have heard have come out of the 'South', so i can't really comment as again this could be 'heresay' from friends of mine down there,but i would have no reason to doubt them.But i was there on that foggy day when you couldn't see a hand in front of you and even the big fella knew who'd shot that massive score before his name was even mentioned /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif Azzurri.

Yes, I can remember the report of the shoot in Clay Shooting, even the reporter who did the write up seemed amazed with the winning score. Have you heard the one about the "dud" cartridge? Cheater sees a stand with a difficult target, loads gun with a "normal" cartridge for the easy clay and loads the "dud" target to get a free practise swing on the hard one because the gun will not fire the second cartridge. He is allowed to do this thrice on any one stand, so he has the chance to "read" the clay better.

[friendly warning]I'm happy this subject is being discussed - but please be careful not to reference 'live' events - I do not want the site embrolied in any discussions about current events.[end friendly warning

Nicola, Thank you for your opinion and your earlier advice which I have passed on.The gentleman who says he will be making an official complaint is incensed and has got big balls and plenty of money. Interesting times ahead maybe.Further to that he is not holding his lip and he is telling competitors about it and who he is complaining about, of course they then chip in with other incidents and other names. No doubt this will be the highlight of conversation down the clayline at Weston Park today & tomorrow.But now I don't think this subject is going to go away./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gifCan I ask? Nigel what caused your initial post? Has some thing happened recently?

I have never come across cheating in shooting but think it's out of order if it is going on.In Skeet we rarely come across ref's that aren't skeet shooters themselves so generally it's never an issue and there isn't much opportunity to tamper with the card, quite why anyone would want to is beyond me to *win* knowing that you haven't hit what your card says is a very hollow victory.I have come across markers that don't know the rules and are more interested in playing on their phones than the job in hand but they are the exception.At the ESC Home International it was scored in the International format where once you have shot your first 25 the first 2 shooters referee the next squad and so on which i really enjoyed and the squadding was also randomly drawn the night before.Jon.

Salopian said:But now I don't think this subject is going to go away. Can I ask? Nigel what caused your initial post? Has some thing happened recently? Hi Pete,  if you read my first post again you'll see what I'm on about, the whole point of this thread to me is not to target any one person who's been caught cheating but many mere mortals like myself have in the past held these alleged cheaters in high esteem due to our ignorance of what goes on from week to week, Surly everyone has the right to know if someone has been cheating/stealing.  Nigel

You just need to look at the "B" class scores where there are good prizes to be won in the open shoots, some are beating the AA shooters. Sad to say but not everyone is honest /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif

Sad to say but not everyone is honest /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif Well it is about time we all are honest.What is the point if you are talented to go and cheat?Is winning really that important to risk your integrity?Do we now shoot, hand in our card and question all the better scores?

To be honest - I only question my score right now... I still see no reason to cheat in a sprt as fun as ours.  Unless I'm 'in the mix' against them, then I won't worry about it... at my stage of development, I compete against myself - and then I watch my squad for tips and knowledge - I'll spot if they cheat. The rest of them - can go and screw themselves - what a ridiculous thing to do, cheat in a fun sport like ours.

you are right Matt - your comments are of a new genuine shooter but the more you shoot the more you'll hear that'll open your eyes. It's tragic that people who we think of as idles in our sport are not there on their merits and skills alone,maybe how to use the magic pencil should be a new sport !I think if it's half as bas as it's coming out then the sport needs digital score cards that have to be signed for after each stand and a master card signed at the last stand to try to stop this happenin -- it makes me sick to the stomach there are top shooters cheatin to try to get to the top.   I am so disgusted at what I've heard recently -- I'm sure many others would feel the same If only they knew too ! Nigel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back