30 Nov / 1 Dec ....destinations and scores on the doors

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a great day at Oakedge first visit and a new PB 86 happy times! No idea what it's like to the other scores as haven't seen any yet!

Onward to Garlands for a less impressive performance but not going to get too worried! Things to work on next Saturday with Ed and move forward.

Cantabury greenfeilds first thing for a 81 in there reg shoot then went back to abby an shot 63 / 70 not a bad day! Greenfeilds defiantly with a lovely hard selection of targets!

Wow what a day....started off at Oakedge, lovely day and really enjoyed this shoot meeting Growl and Ginger...started off well and to be honest it continued finishing with a new PB of 75 in a Registered Shoot so very happy. Struggled a bit with fast low orange crossers....No sign of any white or green clays...not sure how I finished up has anyone heard any scores..?

Then onto Garlands where it was good to bump into a load of people who had been at Oakedge, plus Ed L, and met Jem and Lainy briefly...found this shoot a lot trickier....first time I have ever wondered if two shoots in a day might be a little bit much for my brain to cope with...anyhow got a 60 which was on my average but obviously worse than the 75!! Was a bit disappointed until I found out I was second in C...not sure who else was still to come in...

Anyhow another great weekend...Chris Pratt you are a superstar....

Went to my local today.

Shot 34 out of 50 sporting, so I'm definately improving from previous weeks! £68%!!

Really chuffed!

Bringing on the 70% figures, then I can be a theoretical B class shooter! :)

Shot a PB of 65/80 at the Royal Oak sporting gun club, really chuffed.

My first shoot shooting gun down so even happier with that!

Tony did well very solid 81 nice to watch.

Told you Chris I should I have gone to the bookies with than one.

Wayne shot well, even with the his Blue Peter gun on fire 90. Ian's shot his PB pleasure to watch on a 91 he could have had more.

77 for me which I should be happy with as placed in class, felt I did not shoot well, luckily the score did not reflect it.
Hahahaha! It really is like 'Blue Peter' "sticky backed plastic" Errr...you mean Sellotape - retards.

Spoke to Dennis Stepney (great bloke) when I got home and he'll be getting to work this week to make more solid,permanent adjustments :)

Wow what a day....started off at Oakedge, lovely day and really enjoyed this shoot meeting Growl and Ginger...started off well and to be honest it continued finishing with a new PB of 75 in a Registered Shoot so very happy. Struggled a bit with fast low orange crossers....No sign of any white or green clays...not sure how I finished up has anyone heard any scores..?

Then onto Garlands where it was good to bump into a load of people who had been at Oakedge, plus Ed L, and met Jem and Lainy briefly...found this shoot a lot trickier....first time I have ever wondered if two shoots in a day might be a little bit much for my brain to cope with...anyhow got a 60 which was on my average but obviously worse than the 75!! Was a bit disappointed until I found out I was second in C...not sure who else was still to come in...

Anyhow another great weekend...Chris Pratt you are a superstar....
you might find that 60 at garlands is as good as the 75 at oakedge, garlands was quite a tough shoot by all accounts well done Jen

well shot the bear first thing met up with chris and jan managed a 77 completely messed up stand 3 not good,Then raced up to kegworth good shoot with some testing targets and some stands right in the sun not good burnt my eye balls ..managed 79.Then went on to northampton started off well but ended up with a 72 shot the last four stands in the dark nightvisions  needed. :hunter:

93 at Podimore....brain malfunction on one stand dropped all four of one target. Good variety of targets, lots of high scores in! First time back at the ground since Kevin took over, he's being really productive....looks like its going to turn into a great ground.
well shot chris :bow:

what lovely weather we had today. Started at Crazy Bear where I managed 59/100 which made my day. I could so easily have scored in the 60s with just a bit more effort on some of the stands. Then onto Horne Court Farm where I managed 47/100.

Robin Hood kent,

went round 38 took the lead in novice, was done by 11:30 so went round again started better but well and truly f**ked up the last 2 stands counted up, 38 again went and checked the scores someone had done shot a 40! so yet again 2 out for the second week! frustrating as I know I missed to many easy chances but thats life!

All i want for Christmas is another 2 hits! or 3 to avoid the shoot off!

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the issue you feel you are having Matt
Alec - it's a long running problem - have trouble getting started on the first layout of the day (particularly FSP) - just feel like my 'head is not in the game'.

Have tried a number of things - changing what I eat/drink, changing how I prepare at the ground, changing the music I listen to in the car in the morning, pool shoots, no pool shoots... all sorts, I just can't get to the races on the first layout of the day...

Yesterday - started with a 15 - tricky layout, but I should have had an 18 (missed three singles on peg 2 - which were medium hard - but hittable) - I should have had 18/19 there - but couldn't get my focus right.... either too relaxed or too tense, and by the time I figured it out - it was too late.

Got my head together for layout two - a 23, then two steadier (and more average) - 19's...  two off a PB  and four short of a target of 80 - meaning that first layout cost me dearly. 

Matt, are you thinking about work or what time you have to be home (guilty).That is very common.

I don't think so Chubby - I manage to shut out almost everything, although I do notice an almost 'zen' like calm when I am shooting better - the 23 on layout two was not a gimme - only 6 people scored higher all day, so I know I can do it. I just wish I could get that same calm first thing in the morning.

try lots of drugs Matt, turbolax is good, takes your mind off everything (well all apart from one anyway!!!)

seriously, the more you do it the better you get, just gotta keep pumping lead up them tubes - no finer thing in my book, oh yeh and laugh it off when you shoot poorly, kick youself slightly then forget it and start the next hoop afresh.

Only you will know Matt. But there sure is a right level of tension. Too little and its sloppy, too much and you lose fluidity. I am always best when I take it slow and allow myself time to be smooth. But can't always make myself do this..

At WLSS FSP last summer, I was doing fine, then after lunch was a bit complacent on first hoop. Almost blanked it! Used the shock to spur myself on and dropped 1 on next hoop (which was harder).

Just possibly at the start of the day you feel that missing a few wont kill you and you don't dial in fully? Only you will know but there is a 'right' amount of adrenaline and concentration that I think we all need to find for ourselves..

Well just looked at the scores from Oakedge Sunday looks like I managed my first win in B class, squeezed into first place! :)

Back