Shotgun Cartridge Price Increases - 7-12% From 22nd Febuary

b348xyx

Hi all,

had this email come through today, thought post incase anyone wants to get there orders in with your local suppliers before price increases start hitting us all.

Thanks 👍

IMG_1394.thumb.jpeg.da5c7d173a3c2d6ae95ad543db911248.jpeg

Edited by b348xyx
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jwpzx9r

• ColinD

• TRINITY

• El Spavo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oil's down, lead's down and the pound's up, so just another round of opportunistic price rises from an opportunistic industry.

You have to wonder how much materials and Brexit really will cause this and how much “we had no sales during lockdown; don’t worry they will be keen to get out and shoot” is a factor.. If different br

Brexit is just the excuse to raise prices, remember decimalisation, oh hang on 70% on here probably don't 😀

Posted Images

Will Hewland

You have to wonder how much materials and Brexit really will cause this and how much “we had no sales during lockdown; don’t worry they will be keen to get out and shoot” is a factor.. If different brands have different rises then it will show it.

• Like 4
Westward

Oil's down, lead's down and the pound's up, so just another round of opportunistic price rises from an opportunistic industry.

• Like 9
ColinD

Brexit is just the excuse to raise prices, remember decimalisation, oh hang on 70% on here probably don't 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Doctor Lecter

always anticipated this   just another opportunity to fleece us shooters  !!   greedy b******s      !!     

• Like 1
Freddypip

If they all increase their prices on the same day that's a Cartel. I thought they were illegal.

Where's this from by the way. May also be the retailers way of boosting short term business.

• Like 1
Garwood
18 minutes ago, Freddypip said:

If they all increase their prices on the same day that's a Cartel. I thought they were illegal.

Where's this from by the way. May also be the retailers way of boosting short term business.

Justcartridges ,I believe. Trying to push prices up for something that`s not in demand is a bit daft.

ColinD
4 hours ago, Garwood said:

Justcartridges ,I believe. Trying to push prices up for something that`s not in demand is a bit daft.

That says it all then, online retailer low demand at the moment, lets put this out and drum up some trade Their probably getting a inkling that not a lots going to happen shooting wise until around about May 😄

Edited by ColinD
  • Like 1
Freddypip

Garwood.

Agreed but there are one of the few dealers (by shipping) who can make use of any price increase to get sales in now. Most clubs, shops etc have very limited opening if at all.

I don't understand the the manufacturers logic either - we may not be buying them for couple of months so why put up the price on something you haven't made.

• Like 1
b348xyx

Email was from just cartridges, I have emailed my local shop where I buy my cartridges to ask if they had any news regarding price increases. waiting there reply.

• Like 1
Garwood

Bought a few slabs as lockdown loomed from a ground that were selling them cheap to get some ££ back,so ok personally. . Profiteering will be regulated by supply and demand at the end of the day I suppose....

Edited by Garwood
ColinD

Doing the same here locally, buying a slab now and again, stocking up when funds aren't being spent elsewhere.

Luckily their able to stay open due to selling animal feed/etc as well

• Like 1
El Spavo

I'd like to read that literally as 'all major uk brands'... which mean cheap Fiocchi for my debit card then. :D

• Like 1
perazman

It appears to be correct. Justcartridges have stated their prices are going up on 22nd. They wouldn't be doing so in the current climate without prompting from the manufacturers.

Bang your orders in next week. We all have to do our bit to keep the sponsored lads in cheap cartridges!

PM.

jwpzx9r

Just bought two thousand RIO Star Team Evo for €440 or about £387 through a deal the club has put together with a local supplier good deal I think as they are said to be going up in price here as well. Trust T2 available for €172 per thousand might get some them too they are a good cartridge too.

Salopian

Dear Just Cartridges ,

Could you please send me 10,000 Fiocchi Fblacks 8 shot tomorrow , and I will pay you when I am next working.

Thank you,

Father Christmas.

• Like 1

This is just shameless buttering up for profiteering, people will use less, buy cheaper or reload and the greedy will miss out .  Some corporate behaviour in the last and future 12 months will damage brands irreparably.

• Like 2
Will Hewland
20 minutes ago, RJD said:

This is just shameless buttering up for profiteering, people will use less, buy cheaper or reload and the greedy will miss out .  Some corporate behaviour in the last and future 12 months will damage brands irreparably.

That’s how we all feel, I agree. But, in reality, we will mostly get used to the higher prices and just suck it up. No choice, which is why it’s annoying. I’m already not using the dearer cartridges. 

Bebo
On 2/12/2021 at 5:14 PM, ColinD said:

Shouldn't that be 7/10th to you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
perazman

Having moved to a more recoil friendly gun I had already decided to use nothing but the cheapest 28gm shells I can find.

I dread to think what the likes of Black Golds/Sovereigns are going to now cost. £300+ a thou? They're just not worth it.

I've stocked up with 4k superfast at £184 plastic and £192 fibre.

PM.

tiptop

The trouble is we play a game, where we are a captive audience. We will have to cut our cloth so to speak, if needs be. The cartridges I use at the moment are £219/1000, so an increase of approx £15-26/1000, depending on % increase of said cartridge, so an increase of £1.50-2.60 per 100 registered shoot. So not actually going to bust the bank. I know it's annoying keep have increase after increase.

Another thing I won't be doing though, is laying out £1095 on 5000, to have a one off saving of £75-130.

• Like 2
El Spavo

Depends how committed one is. I love shooting, pretty much the only outdoors sports hobby I now do, but there's definitely a limit to how much I'm pushed before I stop doing it, and everyone has that, it's just where's the final straw.

Charliedog

Ive saved a lot more through lockdown than i could ever spend on a cartridge increase, not enjoyed it though

• Thanks 1