World Sporting Handicap System

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob_P

I've just come across this site while browsing: http://www.worldsporting.net/index.phpAs far as I can tell, it's proposing a handicap system, along similar lines to golf, something we talked about on here a few months ago. I can't claim to have looked at the system in detail, but it is proposing 3 trap stands, a bit like the super sporting I shoot sometimes. In principal I like the idea of a golf style handicapping system, regularly updated and maintained. It would do away with the long delays waiting for new classification cut offs, and the arbitrary class divisions. A handicap would be far more granular, and over time a better representation of someone's ability. The site looks quite recent and talks about running events in 2012, I guess it aspires to be an alternative to the CPSA? What do you think?

Yep - I've seen it before, and I think they run shoots at Wylye occasionally under those rules. Be interesting if anyone else has shot along those lines.

They've been around for several years. If you look up their list of shooters it seems almost everyone's been signed up at some time.Personally I like the concept but they still only have about 3 grounds and no real signs of growth.Maybe Ian can fill in the gaps.

Orston have a World Sporting shoot every month and it's very popular there.The original concept a few years ago included several  stands with three traps or super sport type set-ups.With three traps for four pairs the combinations you could have for example A/B on report, B/C then C/A  then any sim pair. With two traps you can have for example A/B on report, B/A on report then two sim pairs.World Sporting started out well then tapered off with about three grounds doing it now.At your first shoot you register and I think you get a handicap after you have shot.That then gets amended every time you enter.It sounds like a very good system with prizes for best scratch score and for handicapped score but I don't think you can win both. Vic.

Back