Alternative ranking system

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No3 is what I was trying to describe and I'd go for that. It does mean there's some reward for lower classes and those in the particular class are variable depending upon how they shoot that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont mind just ditch birds only
(Ninja mode......Pssssst....want to borrow a tin hat? I have loads...... In fact i have one for each thread.)

Last edited:
Option 2 would be my preferred option but make the averages related to the HG score for any particular event. That way the averages would be more representative of the shooting conditions on the day (particularly relevant for those that shoot in all weathers all year round).

Also make the dropped scores 5% rather than the current 10% which would again make the averages more accurate. Seems to work for DTL?

However all of this relies on the grounds getting the scores (accurately!!) onto the CPSA computer ASAP (especially if talking about monthly averages) so maybe a bi-monthly averages would be more realistic.

Of course if I ever find myself improving to such a degree as I am vying for overall honours my opinion will change and option 1 will be my preference  :spiteful:

DT

I shall be giving this subject a great deal more thought..................once I become a world champion............ :laugh:

Maybe the ground owners can buy those "well done" stickers you have when in primary school. And dish them out!! Gold stars for the winner!! Wow

Option 2 would be my preferred option but make the averages related to the HG score for any particular event. That way the averages would be more representative of the shooting conditions on the day (particularly relevant for those that shoot in all weathers all year round).

Also make the dropped scores 5% rather than the current 10% which would again make the averages more accurate. Seems to work for DTL?

However all of this relies on the grounds getting the scores (accurately!!) onto the CPSA computer ASAP (especially if talking about monthly averages) so maybe a bi-monthly averages would be more realistic.

Of course if I ever find myself improving to such a degree as I am vying for overall honours my opinion will change and option 1 will be my preference  :spiteful:

DT
Yes or what DT said

I like option 2 but with the HG score being used to create a 'handicapping' effect, if HG is always counted as 100 then the other scores are counted down from that to give a rating for the ground/layout/conditions on the day.

Best 4 (adjusted) scores from the last 5 comps to give your average and then that applied against the cut-offs to give class. Dead easy to create a spreadsheet to do all that automatically.

Quite right .waiting for 2 scores to go on at the mo .one for 2 weeks the other 10 days.

Jasper

Yet honesberrie this week had theirs up on Cpsa next day. So it can be done

Last edited by a moderator:
That would very easily be overcome, just requires a slightly different way of entering the scoes as they come in.

That would very easily be overcome, just requires a slightly different way of entering the scoes as they come in.
My understanding is that the shoot program captures and transmits data right at the point of entry.

Don't understand why it sometimes takes a week or more to get scores onto the website.

It's no longer rocket science!

Back