Alternative ranking system

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calm down James! Get a grip! This is a discussion. They are allowed!

I give you the C class winners scores over the past few months

82 83 75 75 63 66 65 66 45 60 74 60 79 56 67 70

And a mate of mine 'P' who shot OLSS on Saturday and is classed 'A'

69 56 65 62 73 72 64 68 70 56 59 64 76 59 50 59

The last 2 months of the C class shooters scores have been above the A class shooters scores. Go figure as they say.
So what?!?! Your pal in A class is at the bottom end of A class and is in danger of going down to B, the dude in C class is improving/hitting some form and looks like going up to B...go figure, just because your A class doesn't mean you are capable of shooting A class scores all the time, just because your C class dosen't mean you can't beat the bottom end of A class on the day...dry your eyes and take the sand out of your Preperation H!!! ;)

That's 'you're' not 'your'.

Or

If that's your opinion you're entitled to it but your descent into insults weakens the case you're trying to make.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
You think that was me insulting you?!?! :eek: WOW...maybe your just, eh...sensitive!!! :)

The shooter you are talking about has been shooting a long time and was in A class, then B class and now C class.  For whatever reason - sickness, eyesight, who knows etc etc he went down the ranks.  Perhaps he is now finding his form again and returning to where he was originally.  

So basically you agree with me then. He's a B or an A class shot! :) :)
That's not what you said earlier!!! You called him a "mythical unspottable sandbagger"!!! Then you complain about being insulted when I joked about you being ultra sensitive... :O

Owls lodge today, I left the grounds at about 12:30 after having a poor morning ( i'd say I was encouraging clays to breed not just letting them get away! :) )

Highest score on the whiteboard? An 86................ in C class! Several shots clear of the top in any other class! Mythical unspottable sandbagger

"...after having a poor morning..."

"...an 86...in c class...mythical unspottable sandbagger..."

Sour grapes???

I've mentioned this before so nothing new 

any average based system inherently sux and a sporting average system is just ridiculous when there is no "standard" course - - so

Open Class for the $ and HOA

Lewis classes for everybody else and trinkets (http://www.nssa-nsca.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Lewis_Class_System.pdf

no cheats, no sandbagging possible  you just shoot your best and go for it.  

Lewis system is a pointless raffle prize and should not be considered serious. By all means have a raffle in the clubhouse but keep that damned nonsense out of sport. Just my opinion..

I have just had to G  oo gle Preaparation H.............boy you learn something new every day on this site.

Does it work James (not that i have ever suffered with this)?

Maybe it's for use on his sour 'grapes'  :spiteful:
Ssssssssssssssssssshh I think it is something for cows...(ninja mode....I confess i did not read it all....just saw piles and spilt coffee on keyboard). :pickeat:

Ssssssssssssssssssshh I think it is something for cows...(ninja mode....I confess i did not read it all....just saw piles and spilt coffee on keyboard). :pickeat:
If it is, I wouldn't like the job of applying it!  And it only comes in small tubes!

Who'd be a farmer eh?

Lewis system is a pointless raffle prize and should not be considered serious. By all means have a raffle in the clubhouse but keep that damned nonsense out of sport. Just my opinion..
The only alternative I can see is a win-based class system retaining the open class for the $.

Average based systems are crap.  Always have been and always will be.  In ATA the Holy Average has replaced winning as a goal since so few do.  But AFAIC the Q is who GAF???  When did you last WIN??  I could maintain a 99% average in ATA singles and NEVER WIN!!  Or even place for that matter.

just saying .................

The issue isn't really that someone can put an 86 in C class, the issue is the system currently allows him to be in that class. So what are the potential solutions...?

1. Abandon the class system - a Ken Livingston approach if you will, every shoot is a true open and all prizes, cash or otherwise are paid to the top x number of shooters

2. Introduce rolling averages and cut offs, this could be done monthly so if someone is blowing a class apart it will only be for a short period

3. Use a system where every shoot starts off a true Open, as the scores come in you start to determine a course average, this is then used in conjunction with the CPSA cut offs to determine classes on the day.

4. Introduce more classes - a Boris Johnson approach if you will, so you have the following classes at every shoot: AAA (Pro class), AA (wannabe pro class), A (was a pro once class), B (finally got the hang of it class), C (how on earth did you get a SGC class), D (oh lord class), E (should not be left allow class), F (try another hobby class)

Option 2 has always been my preferred - the system isn't broken, it's just too slow and rooted in the 1970's.

We should be able to have monthly/bimonthly class refreshes with some simple 'quick up / slow down' rules.

Its the 21st century - our sport needs to keep up. 

Back