When you're not normal, where do you turn?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehb102

Ed Lyons at Flint & Partners of course. 

Subtitle: You don't have to be called Ed for ShootClay to love you, but it helps. 

Ed had generously shared his expertise with me via messaging here, sending me all kinds of information about my choices for shooting glasses. 

Having had a consultation with Ed I can say this:

(1) I have a much better prescription that will improve my vision considerably. It was time for a new prescription anyway, but I've had high street assessments for several years. This was more detailed and might even be more accurate i.e. working in smaller increments especially as regards the numbers marked 'axis', thus a better result.

(2) I will be getting the most suitable shooting glasses possible for me personally. I got to look through different styles and see how they looked. They aren't all the same. I can see so much more through the ones I chose. 

(3) Not having the consultation would have been a false economy.

(4) Ed volunteered several other things to help with my eye health generally. 

I can't claim that my shooting will be improved by my visit to Ed, but that's because almost anything would improve my shooting at this stage. What I will say is that once I get my shooting glasses I will at least know I have as much chance to improve as anyone else. 

I've got an appointment with Ed next month as I have had problems when shooting for years. Just by looking at my prescription he was able to tell why other opticians had not been able to make me a pair of shooting glasses that worked.

I am looking forward to it and am confident that he will be able to help, once I have my new glasses I will have to look for another excuse for missing. :haha: :haha:

Yesterday I dropped in to the Suffolk FITASC competition to pick up my new specs. I have a beautiful, flattering pair of glasses for everyday wear, a fabulous pair of polarised sunglasses for driving, especially with the roof of the car down, and my shooting safety glasses.

I now have amazingly clear sight, with no lens edge getting in the way of my peripheral vision, and I am very glad that I don't have to look at me. Sometimes I wish I had more vanity over these matters :) Ed showed me several filters so I could see the differences and I took away the polarised ones. I was sold on these when a lady was missing what looked like a reasonably breakable clay. I tried her glasses on and found that what I saw as an easy orange clay was actually a pink one that her glasses made invisible until way past the break point! Coach Ed very kindly organised a trap for us and I got to shoot to test the new specs and filter. I can see. It's a miracle! My glasses are desperately uncool looking, but they are really, really light and I forget they are there. Now I have the right gun, the right specs and the right coach I shall be UNSTOPPABLE! Or at the very least, overly keen for a while longer :-D

Latest posts

Back