Thread vanished!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deershooter Liz is entitled to her opinion. I suspect she is chilled ....just saying :wink:

Whatever he is called i like his outlook :)

Not to be the geezer buzzkill, but if people spent as much time scrutinizing the horrors perpetrated by their governments as they spend scrutinizing the (lack of) fashion sense of other people I'd bet we'd have a different world.

Personally, I ascribe to the maxim - spandex is a privilege not a right.  

But I impose that only on me.  

Wear whatever you like.  

Care for yourself however you like.

And it's not that I am not concerned for you.  It's just that those decisions are for you to make. 

besta luck

Well said Wonko.  Telling someone to have some wine and chill is indicative of PGS (patronising git syndrome), something that seems to be rife amongst male clay shooters.  Don't think it's anything to do with being a clay shooter though, I think it's the male bit that does it.

I've watched this thread quietly since it started and I have to say I am in the 'each to their own' camp, but I can see the points made on both sides of the debate (was going to say argument, but debate is more civilised :prankster:  ).

The fact is that whatever size some people are they have absolutely no idea how they appear to others, but some do.  This is their right, but they cannot expect that no-one is going to comment, either openly or amongst friends.  As an example, when punks first appeared in their dress style I remember one being interviewed on Calender and when asked why they dressed like that she replied "because we like it, and to get noticed, we don't care whether people like it or not".  People commented on how punks dressed.  It is human nature to notice and comment on things. That is, after all what free society is partly about.

As I said at the top, each to their own.  Do as you want and be happy with it. Live and let live etc.

Well said Wonko.  Telling someone to have some wine and chill is indicative of PGS (patronising git syndrome), something that seems to be rife amongst male clay shooters.  Don't think it's anything to do with being a clay shooter though, I think it's the male bit that does it.
Ouch! Stabbed in the heart! Not all men are the same you know??

Somebody said I was nice once. Long time ago, agreed, but I've never forgotten it!  :fie:

In all seriousness what business is it of anyone, as to what someone else may or may not be wearing, or indeed what they think they might or might not be achieving in doing so?  More importantly what relevance has it got on this website?

If its offensive to your eyes or sensibilities then don't bloody look !!!
Hypocrite! You made disparaging remarks about my legs and all I can do now is sit in a corner, sucking my thumb. You bully.

Here is the difference between England and Brazil supporters

post-478-0-56372800-1406225350.jpg

post-478-0-31580000-1406225399.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 0
You have done it now, more offensive statements.

I am orf back later

Get him into the over 50s room quick.  :crazy:   :crazy:
In my local on a Wednesday, normally at about 17.00hrs, we have a small gathering, its called "The Gardening Club", we are all over 50, gardening is rarely discussed,but just about everything else is!! There are male and female members of the club, from all walks of life and various social classes as they used to be called. We have fishermen,engineers,an ex fleet street hack, an ex comedian, a JP and god knows what else, the mix of people is extreme but it works hilariously well.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my local on a Wednesday, normally at about 17.00hrs, we have a small gathering, its called "The Gardening Club", we are all over 50, gardening is rarely discussed,but just about everything else is!! There are male and female members of the club, from all walks of life and various social classes as they used to be called. We have fishermen,engineers,an ex fleet street hack, an ex comedian, a JP and god knows what else, the mix of people is extreme but it works hilariously well.
An ex comedian.. interesting.

Is he just not funny anymore? :haha:   :haha:

The internet is a funny thing, the written word can be interpreted differently between writer and the reader. Having this discussion face to face is not the same as posting on line.

If you were having this discussion with a group of male friends round a table there probably would not be an issue, but if you were to introduce their wives where some could match the description then it certainly would alter the tone of the conversation. I also doubt the conversation would take place in person.

If you post on the internet you must remember that your audience could include those you are criticising, we all take abuse and insults off our mates but would we take it off strangers.

The point I am making is a few have said they have seen someone who in their eyes dress inappropriately, the question is would you go over to this complete stranger and tell them face to face?

Unfortunately the internet is like that face to face discussion with a stranger I doubt it would ever go down well.

Personally I feel you should wear what you want, its a free country, if you start listening to people with strong opinionated views on appropriate clothes for women then where do you stop? The burka? As long as you feel good then that's all that matters.

Oh but don't ask me if your bum looks big in this if you don't want an honest answer, because saying it looks 'fine, ok or meh' gets me in big trouble as well...

I agree people should wear what they want and do what they want as long as no one else is affected. This also goes for sexual preference, consenting adults can do what the hell they like as far as I am concerned it matters not to me. BUT I draw the line at men walking around in public with no top on thinking that they actually look either atrractive or tough especially those that consider that two days a week in a poxy gym has given them the body of an adonice, listen up all offenders "you look like a complete and utter arse, you also look very very common, you do not look attractive or have hugely defined abbs grow up have some respect and put your bloody shirt on you pilock"

NOTE

Its a free country (or was the last time I looked) I am entitled to an opinion and furthermore on this I am correct I am not interested if the above has offended anyone because anyone who walks around in public half dressed deserves to be offended.

AND BREATH ....

EDIT

for spelling and grammar, I blame my very poor education a rubbish school and rubbish teachers, AND BREATH

Last edited by a moderator:
An ex comedian.. interesting.

Is he just not funny anymore? :haha:   :haha:
He is still hilarious, its just that he has now retired. His humour/jokes are pretty much non PC by todays standards.

Latest posts

Back