Sporting shoots. Your personal accounts. 2022

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck Sian, just go out and enjoy it. 😘
Thanks.  A good 75 bird shoot but I just didn’t like being part of it.   I didn’t start well and just didn’t like being on display.   Lovely squad of ladies.  I’d have been happier watching.  I won’t do that again if I ever get to that point.  I’m literally physically and emotionally exhausted.    It’s not for me, I felt like an imposter and my confidence has taken a nosedive.  Even targets I could get I didn’t.   Cheryl will have to start again with me.

Thanks.  A good 75 bird shoot but I just didn’t like being part of it.   I didn’t start well and just didn’t like being on display.   Lovely squad of ladies.  I’d have been happier watching.  I won’t do that again if I ever get to that point.  I’m literally physically and emotionally exhausted.    It’s not for me, I felt like an imposter and my confidence has taken a nosedive.  Even targets I could get I didn’t.   Cheryl will have to start again with me.
Take the positives Sian you made the final of the British Open bloody good shooting and well done achieving that  :thumbsu: :goodjob:

Back to barbury today for the BO finals. Another good round of clays. Enjoyed the experience and shot OK  

Jasper. 

Listen, you done very well as Shortlegs said to even get to the final so take something from that.  You beat loads of ladies to get that far and we all get nervous when in that position for the first time.  Well done 👏👏😘

Listen, you done very well as Shortlegs said to even get to the final so take something from that.  You beat loads of ladies to get that far and we all get nervous when in that position for the first time.  Well done 👏👏😘
That was my second and last time ..   

Took my lad to the BO finals today to compete in colts, they all did very well. Made a day of it and stayed to the end, great to watch the big names shoot (and miss a few), some big targets for the super final and the young chap that won it was very well deserved

Northampton today. A tough round but everything clearly visible no eyesight test's and some decent gaps needed. 94 high I hit 90 and should have gone competition 😂
I was second to you in Class & also went BO 😂 so someone further down had a good day today!

Really enjoyed the shoot, very firm but everything was getable. Cleaned up most of the hard stuff but got caught out on both 3 pair stands. 
Glad they didn’t have a full use target on today though, never enjoy those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barrow for me yesterday.  I've not really shot there until recently and yesterday was my fourth visit.  Starting to get used to the topography / distances. Two or three big targets there, with a big crosser that I struggle to judge the distance on and finally found on the last pair by doubling the lead I first gave it.  They also had a lr midi crosser a long way out that was moving like an exocet missile, didn't find that once.  Definitely found the first half of the course tougher, dropping 14 over the first 6 stands.  Dug in on the second half, hit three from four of a fairly rangy battue and found the rest of the course a little more straightforward, only dropping 5 on the second half for an 81.  Best I've done there so far.

I was second to you in Class & also went BO 😂 so someone further down had a good day today!

Really enjoyed the shoot, very firm but everything was getable. Cleaned up most of the hard stuff but got caught out on both 3 pair stands. 
Glad they didn’t have a full use target on today though, never enjoy those.
How did you do on stand 5 the SIM pair of fast l to r midi's. I thought that was the toughest stand.

How did you do on stand 5 the SIM pair of fast l to r midi's. I thought that was the toughest stand.
The first pair I hit the rear bird twice 😂 didn’t swing it enough for the second.

Killed 2nd pair 

then Kill/Loss Kill/Loss so 5/8

I was frustrated as I got the first bird dead comfortably but I rushed the shot on the second bird the last two pairs. I always shot rear bird first, other lads tried front first and seemed to struggle.

How did you do?

Clever pair I thought, completely hittable but you had to be very controlled.

The first pair I hit the rear bird twice 😂 didn’t swing it enough for the second.

Killed 2nd pair 

then Kill/Loss Kill/Loss so 5/8

I was frustrated as I got the first bird dead comfortably but I rushed the shot on the second bird the last two pairs. I always shot rear bird first, other lads tried front first and seemed to struggle.

How did you do?

Clever pair I thought, completely hittable but you had to be very controlled.
Chap in my squad shot rear bird first and hit 7x8, but looking at the speed of his gun I thought I will never do that so I went front first shot it quickly with a nearly dead gun ambush. And had time to maintain a gap on the 2nd but missed it twice in front as it was slower. So 6x8. My mate who's a far better shot than me struggled on there 4x8 he ran out of room to shoot the 2nd one.

Westfield for us.  Traffic horrendous so 3 hours to get there, shoot and 3 hours travelling back home!  Luckily had dinner in slow cooker so no cooking when I got home.  It was busy so missed stand 1 and straight into 2.  Only 2 not so good stands, stand 4 I kept missing the r-l, thought I was in front so cut back, still missed! Increased it by quite a lot and hit the last one.  Hit all the l-r battues so not so sad then stand 11 on the platform, just went to shoot and got hit in the back of the knee by 2 stray pellets from stand 10 which hurt like anything!  Lost a bit of concentration and missed first pair, then the first target on second pair for a 5/8.  Apart from that a few silly ones here and there (didn’t connect with 2 of the pink teal as couldn’t see them) and finished on an 80 which is a PB for me at that ground so a happy lady.  What I was pleased with is that most of my misses were in the first pair and I had a minute to work it out what I had done wrong then hit them.  Lovely to see Sian and Tony as usual and a few other people we knew.  Lovely day and great targets as usual.  

BTW I have a brand new Seeland skeet vest size 10, navy blue with dark pink piping and with a matching hat.  Still has tags on but too small in a certain area for me so have left it with Steve and Isobel at Westfields if anyone wants/needs it they are welcome to it, just ask them.  If you fancy making a donation to a charity for it feel free. 

Last edited by a moderator:
East of England yesterday. Some incredibly deceptive targets ( for some of us) when you missed you thought everything looked right but it didn't break so which way do you go. I hit 79 and was surprised at some of the scores. 97 high .

East of England yesterday. Some incredibly deceptive targets ( for some of us) when you missed you thought everything looked right but it didn't break so which way do you go. I hit 79 and was surprised at some of the scores. 97 high .
Yes caught me out too! They are putting consistently brilliant shoots on there!

EJC reg this morning. Had three weeks off and as usual had to restrain my lead. There were loads of orange quartering today, some at distance and they accounted for about 7 of my misses. Finished on 87 which wasn’t looking too poor against other scores when I left. It didn’t feel like their easiest shoot. Doubtless a 98 will appear later..

EJC reg this morning. Had three weeks off and as usual had to restrain my lead. There were loads of orange quartering today, some at distance and they accounted for about 7 of my misses. Finished on 87 which wasn’t looking too poor against other scores when I left. It didn’t feel like their easiest shoot. Doubtless a 98 will appear later..
image.png

And still counting

Back