Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it is  no use burying our heads in the sand and saying 'it doesn't happen'  'I've never witnessed it ' 
That's not my position at all but there's a limit to what I can do.

I dislike cheating as much as anyone, but the worst things I see generally are not handing in their card or avoiding registered shoots towards the end of the classification period because their average is only fractionally over the threshold and one low score means the drop. I only know one real sandbagger who deliberately shoots poorly on occasion to stay in class a below his true ability - and he doesn't deny it - but there's nothing I can do as a ref other than record the score he shoots.

That's not my position at all but there's a limit to what I can do.

I dislike cheating as much as anyone, but the worst things I see generally are not handing in their card or avoiding registered shoots towards the end of the classification period because their average is only fractionally over the threshold and one low score means the drop. I only know one real sandbagger who deliberately shoots poorly on occasion to stay in class a below his true ability - and he doesn't deny it - but there's nothing I can do as a ref other than record the score he shoots.
Name him and shame him...

Reactions: ips
People shoot mates cards ? I've heard it all now, for what, fifty quid winnings ? 

As for noise differences between shells I agree some 32/36g can sound louder but I'm afraid some brands of 28g are louder than others so that is never going to be a reliable indicator someone is cheating.

Mr Moss,

I know you are new and inexperienced , so you would not remember the proper White Gold Cup ? :lol:  

As I said in my post , I'm not griping or bothered , just pointing out it does go on , A LOT.

It is up to referees to stop it when it happens . 
I remember the proper White Gold cup, it was devised by another Essex boy, Romford snooker king Barry Hearn, i used to spend my school days in his club, then called the Luciana...guess you were still sheep shagging in the hills then !!!

For someone who is neither griping or bothered.you certainly have much to say about it !!!........BTW do you actually compete in registered shoots ???

I remember the proper White Gold cup, it was devised by another Essex boy, Romford snooker king Barry Hearn, i used to spend my school days in his club, then called the Luciana...guess you were still sheep shagging in the hills then !!!

For someone who is neither griping or bothered.you certainly have much to say about it !!!........BTW do you actually compete in registered shoots ???

:eek:

reading through comments an i have the same mind set as sain when i go out i want to accomplish my goal ive set not bothered about anyone else what i will say though ( not 1 shoot inparticuly ,shoots all other the counrty ) is the scores what go in are just insane .we all know theres sand baggers an always will be . Nothing worse ! .its one of them you neither, just get on with your own shooting or pack in because no matter what gets said on here on socail media or internet is going to change it .

Me apparently  :lol:
I do not believe your a sandbagger schmokin , you have to be a good shot to do that
laugh.gif

Back to the original purpose of this thread. Shot Churchills this afternoon. Must have been one of the last few cards but was already at 170 entries - not bad at all for a weekday lunchtime shoot. The weather was spot on.

A fairly technical course highlighted by HG at 94 when I left. No eye tests but a few edgy targets and some interesting angles. Started well enough but dropped 50% on stands 5 and 8. The rest was silly 1's and 2's through lack of concentration. Finished on a 77 which is 1 under my average so fairly happy with that as didn't feel I was shooting that well.

Really enjoyed Churchills today, only managed to straight the 2 x ten bird stands though letting one away just about everywhere, ended on 88 which I felt was only 3 or 4 light realistically. 

Really enjoyed Churchills today, only managed to straight the 2 x ten bird stands though letting one away just about everywhere, ended on 88 which I felt was only 3 or 4 light realistically. 
Good to see you today Hammie.  Bad day for me, managed 9/10 on those two stands finished on a 74/100.  Started badly near clubhouse missing 3 of the first bird, realised people were leaving it a little later.  I missed stupid ones like the pink one which was on stand 5 (?) missed them all but  hit the other one.  Came home and went to bed for 2 hrs.

I cannot believe the thieving git who tried to pinch my £250 leather gun case today at Churchills my case was on top of my bag and just before I was about to go on the stand  I looked round and it wasn't there I shouted where's my gun slip the Thieving git must have heard as he came back and said something like I made a mistake he made no mistake he know exactly what he was doing as all he had was just a cheap canvas slip and that was worth about £5 That was left on the fence rail near my bag I told him to piss off thieving bastard I should had took a picture of him so beware if you see a guy with a pink/ reddish schoffel sleeveless  sheel jacket on watch your stuff as he a thieving git.

I cannot believe the thieving git who tried to pinch my £250 leather gun case today at Churchills my case was on top of my bag and just before I was about to go on the stand  I looked round and it wasn't there I shouted where's my gun slip the Thieving git must have heard as he came back and said something like I made a mistake he made no mistake he know exactly what he was doing as all he had was just a cheap canvas slip and that was worth about £5 That was left on the fence rail near my bag I told him to piss off thieving bastard I should had took a picture of him so beware if you see a guy with a pink/ reddish schoffel sleeveless  sheel jacket on watch your stuff as he a thieving git.

Use a Beretta gun case nobody will take it :wink:

Welcome to Shootclay! I hope you reporteed this in the clubhouse?

Good to see you today Hammie.  Bad day for me, managed 9/10 on those two stands finished on a 74/100.  Started badly near clubhouse missing 3 of the first bird, realised people were leaving it a little later.  I missed stupid ones like the pink one which was on stand 5 (?) missed them all but  hit the other one.  Came home and went to bed for 2 hrs.
There was a queue on stand 1 some we started on 3 which was much friendlier .. That said I hit first two pairs on 1 then missed 1st bird twice to finish on a 6. Couldn't leave it too long as wind was pushing it under the treeline.

Everything I missed on 5 was over the top. Hit two of each.

Most annoyed with the rabbit on 11 as missed 3 of them as wasn't giving it enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back