Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it was the tough shoot yesterday or the fact that I actually shot yesterday as a warm up but today I managed to break to magical 60% (61.6% or 74 ex 120) barrier at Westfield today which represents progress for me. 

High gun was 108/120 when I left but I'm sure that will have been bettered. Unless it wasn't in which it must have been a trickier layout than it felt.

A very good course today at Hornets got there  early and everything ran smoothly a firm but fair course I thought and managed to win "C" with a 75. Then onto Westfields which was a joy to go around later on in the day no queuing etc 2nd in "C" class when I left with 90/120

A very good course today at Hornets got there  early and everything ran smoothly a firm but fair course I thought and managed to win "C" with a 75. Then onto Westfields which was a joy to go around later on in the day no queuing etc 2nd in "C" class when I left with 90/120
once again very well done Paul, now I did tell you at Owls any more C class winnings and Ive got plans for your trigger finger

Yes Luke will enjoy putting this one on the performance sheet ?

Glad I stayed away from west London yesterday ?

I was chain sawing and splitting logs

i don't know which would have been 

Harder ?

Meadowcroft for me today 

It was getting a bit of a mental block 

like will mentioned in his post about his challenges with four counties 

I needed to card a 90 plus to feel as though I had done it justice 

started on a different part of the course to mix things up a bit 

started well and finished 93 so very happy and a big mental boost 

high gun Martin Myers Nigel hart 97

A 96 can't remember who 

95 turbo 

Me Andy moon Paul Thomas and John pool 93 

good round of targets and more work been done to tracks and pool shoot Area ?
Were you wearing high heels then?

Auldgirth, tough but fair 50 re entry sporting...cracking targets, had to work to be joint HG on 42/50. Shot 41 on the second round, only three scores broke 40 all day. Getting used to the K80 pretty quick, very different animal to the DT11!!! ;)

Southdown yesterday for us enjoyed both Sporting and sportrap although that wind was blowing hard down the lane and by the end of the sportrap I could just about pull the trigger - my fingers were so stiff from the cold.  When the sun was out it was lovely.  Enjoyed the pool shoot too.  Wish I had gone in class would have come second in the sporting - live and learn.

Shot Orston yesterday.  Great targets, and despite a nasty cold, I managed my PB at a reg comp of 83.

Really chuffed with myself! Just need to be in the 80s consistently now. 

Reactions: ips
well done I cant even imagine a score of 80 tis superhuman my mate.

insert pat on the back smiley thing

Highwaymans for me last Sunday.

A stiff course, plenty of people moaning about it. One bloke was talking at me for near on 10mins about how stupid the course was as I was waiting to shoot the stand he just shot, great for your concentration that is, not. 

Not sure if Suffolk has a soft ground, if there is can someone let me know, I need a pick me up ?

It beat me but i walked away with a 63 that I'm not displeased with. 

Highwaymans for me last Sunday.

A stiff course, plenty of people moaning about it. One bloke was talking at me for near on 10mins about how stupid the course was as I was waiting to shoot the stand he just shot, great for your concentration that is, not. 

Not sure if Suffolk has a soft ground, if there is can someone let me know, I need a pick me up ?

It beat me but i walked away with a 63 that I'm not displeased with. 
that was the best round i have shot for a long while. i didnt shoot it that well but still a great round.

Yeah I enjoyed it. Was a touch rusty and dropped 11 on the first three stands, after that it was about trying to save face ?. 

A lovely ground to shoot and wasn't to much waiting. I'll be at the next one. 

PB of 89x100 today.

Ok it was Horne, not a reg so it won't affect my ranking but happy with the day. Focussed on the targets, reading them right, worst stand was 3 out of 8 dropped. 5 out of 12 straights. Very happy only dropping one off the platform at stand 4.

Starting to feel the strength in the sunshine too although it was pretty cold at the start this morning.

Ouch 

opinion was that someone had pissed off Don in the week cus he gave everbody a good kicking to day ?

Chris childerhouse 89 leading when I left me 87 second 

turbo still out on course 

A very stiff round nothing stupid but quite relentless a lot of the lower classes smashed up today only five scores in the 80s when we left just shot quite hard 

to be fair to Don he's put on some very good shoots / targets since he's taking on podimore and the facilities catering etc are excellent 

so can't be judged on one tough shoot 

it's a learning curve for all of us 

sure the super sporting will be a cracker ?

Very pleasant morning at Weston Wood with some cracking targets put on by Mr Lovatt, the midis completely catching me out.

Must tell myself next time that they are midis, they look further out than they actually are and to cut-back on lead.

But I shot the rest quite well with a 79, despite me being a little 'lethargic' after attending the North London derby yesterday.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back