Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started badly at AGL on a relatively easy stand (stand 1) getting 1/10 and could not understand why at first.  Then I realised half way through my comb raiser was wonky.  That was it for me the bad seed had entered my brain and I couldn't let it go, lost all decorum by the time I got to Vince's stand, truly did not understand the first bird but the second I just could not be bothered with and I could get those.  Declared I was not carrying on but Jane calmed me down and told me to shoot for fun, however I wanted, gun down practise.  I did carry on and came away with 65/100.  You can see from my score card the rest wasn't too bad.  Really need to be totally robotic and unemotional just can't seem to get there.

I can't seem to attach my score card so

stand 1 = 1

stand 2 = 7

stand 3 = 7

stand 4 = 9

stand 5 = 8

stand 6 = 5 effing loopy thing was too much in front

stand 7 = 2   Vince's stand 

stand 8 = 8

stand 9 = 10

stand 10 = 8

Last edited by a moderator:
Stand 1 was ridiculously easy. That's why it caught you out Sian. 0 lead on the first bird and inches on the second. If you have been shooting proper targets it's hard to cut back.

Vinces stand: a foot below right on the weird looper, then 18" on the second.

i missed six today and I felt that 4 of them were unforgivable. It just goes to show that filling in a good scorecard is part ability and part mental composure.. 

Shot the 100 bird Reg at Atkin Grant And Lang yesterday. 

My first time at this venue and its a nice ground and well laid out. There is also a good gunshop and they have a pattern plate if you want to check Gunfit etc. I have been shooting now for 9 months and got my first class win in "C" class with an 83 so well pleased. Thinking of going to have a gunfitting session there in the future, as the guy in the gunshop took a look at me mounting the gun and told me that my gun does not fit me properly.

To be fair I have never had my gun fitted or patterned etc, I have only had the ISIS recoil reduction system installed.

i visited Barby sporting on Wednesday too, very near Rugby, last time was over a year ago, and the grounds have really been well laid out now, the berms are finished, and the 30 bird round on 5 stands is very good, easy walk round, but able to put a lot of varietyand a bigger round if needed. also there is skeet , compak,and dtl also, ( ithink !). nice facilities with tennis, air rifle range, pub, (important) and restaurant , all good value.

worth a visit !

shot orston  wed 34/50   and again sat 41/50   I will shoot the 100 esp sunday  (if the lord spares me ) !    and lincs all round at notts Monday    nice bank holiday  .  3/4 full all the way might  struggle at skeet     (get my excuses in early )     :wink:   

Couple of practice rounds at EJ Churchills today, steady 88 & 84 in some fairly pleasant weather.

Registered at Widdington tomorrow then Southdown with Rosso on Monday.

Shot lady's wood today bad day at the office 56 ex 75 

even got beat by guy that won side by side   58 ex 75 

putting it down to 7 hours sleep In 48 hours 

well shot chipper off here 65 ex 75 with a new parcours well done mate 

Very enjoyable last shoot of the year at Widdington, saw lots of faces. I was going suspiciously well, but as fate would have it I saved the toughest three stands until last and came down to reality. ? Still happy with a 90.

Shooting Hepworth tomorrow. Full report if I do well. Dignified silence if not.
i had better do a half report.  A good round of super sporting nothing silly distance and all the sim pairs were hittable, as dysons shoots always are. I started badly and carried that form throughout most of the shoot finishing with my one and only straight on stand 12. Finished on 96 I never thought George digweeds 117 would be beat so very surprised to see Suffolk junior Aaron harvey hit 119.

Had a good day, managed to miss most of the rain.  Went to Crazy Bear first got 73/100 and then onto Westfield which I thoroughly enjoyed, hitting some good ones today and getting the better of the loopy buggers now I finally get how to shoot them in a more consistent fashion.  Got 78/120. 

i had better do a half report.  A good round of super sporting nothing silly distance and all the sim pairs were hittable, as dysons shoots always are. I started badly and carried that form throughout most of the shoot finishing with my one and only straight on stand 12. Finished on 96 I never thought George digweeds 117 would be beat so very surprised to see Suffolk junior Aaron harvey hit 119.
There is just too much talent out there. Widdington was steady mostly, but there were about four stands that any star would be happy to straight. HG was Stuart Rudling on 99! 

Shot a passable but disappointing  85 at a steady Scottish FITASC championship @ Auchterhouse...had the pleasure of following HG Kevin Jobling who shot an awesome 98/100!!!

Shot a passable but disappointing  85 at a steady Scottish FITASC championship @ Auchterhouse...had the pleasure of following HG Kevin Jobling who shot an awesome 98/100!!!
Well shot. I just have to manage the admiration for these top guys and not let it become despair. ?

Five layouts of 20. He shot the first 60 straight, no second barrels. In all honesty, he should probably have shot the whole shoot straight, the two he lost were singles. 

Went to Horne, kidding myself I might not get absolutely soaked. Got absolutely soaked, which amused Sian. 

Dire start, pissed off, gave myself a talking to and had a better second half, which caused an upgrade from total disaster to merely a bit poor. Hoping for three good shoots in a weekend was just greedy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back