Simulated game shoot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill.rosa

Hi all

I have been treated to my first simulated game shoot and would appreciate which chokes I should use very high clays are not going to on the menu and I intend to use 21gram loads.

all advice would be helpful 

best regards

Bill

Hi all

I have been treated to my first simulated game shoot and would appreciate which chokes I should use very high clays are not going to on the menu and I intend to use 21gram loads.

all advice would be helpful 

best regards

Bill
Bill, I would not choke up for this. 21g shells are wise for sim game to spare the shooter fatigue and they actually pattern quite tightly and nicely. If the clays are driven (showing face) and not that high it all points to 1/4 choke or even skeet. 

Typically , each drive will be shot in rotation by  2 or 3 people using the same peg . When it’s your turn to shoot  your drive ,  the best way to enjoy it is to tip 3 boxes into a cartridge bag ( it’s a sin to ever run out )  and get one of the other guys to “ stuff “ your gun  as soon as you eject an empty . If it’s a 3 man group on the peg , the third can call for you “ high left “ “ crossing right “ etc .  When the next guy shoots the drive , “stuff” or call for him 

If it’s in the air , it’s fair game , don’t hang back , because no one else will ! if you ride a clay for a second too long an obliging neighbour will poach it from you . 

You will be surprised at some of the shots you will pull instinctively with little time to think 

its a great form of shooting , have a fantastic day .  

Typically , each drive will be shot in rotation by  2 or 3 people using the same peg . When it’s your turn to shoot  your drive ,  the best way to enjoy it is to tip 3 boxes into a cartridge bag ( it’s a sin to ever run out )  and get one of the other guys to “ stuff “ your gun  as soon as you eject an empty . If it’s a 3 man group on the peg , the third can call for you “ high left “ “ crossing right “ etc .  When the next guy shoots the drive , “stuff” or call for him 

If it’s in the air , it’s fair game , don’t hang back , because no one else will ! if you ride a clay for a second too long an obliging neighbour will poach it from you . 

You will be surprised at some of the shots you will pull instinctively with little time to think 

its a great form of shooting , have a fantastic day .  
Sounds great fun!

Latest posts

Back