Shotgun issue

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley1985

Hi guys hope you all had a good Christmas, hoping someone can help.

I have a Revo Onyx 30' o/u. I know it's not the most expensive gun or the best but the price was right and I got it new.

I have an issue where the gun sometimes fires both barrels simultaneously. Today I shot 100 clays and it did it twice.

A soldier buddy of mine who has many years service has stripped the gun cleaned it last weekend but it happened today again.

Any thoughts? The place I purchased the gun from have said its the way I'm shooting. Yes I'm a novice but could it be me? 

No excess oil is allowed to seep in the action and below which I've been told could cause the issue.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Ashley

Is this a true double fire, with instantaneous both barrels at once? That is a gun fault. Or is the second barrel a fraction later than the first, which might just be you tense on the trigger, possibly made worse but the gun not fitting / being held well, so that it's moving around when fired.

Get a mate to shoot a full round alongside you ;) , it wouldn't be the first time a starter type gun has this kind of issue, if it does it for him as well then get the seller to affect repairs. 

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm pretty sure both barrels fire at exactly the same time. I'll go with a pal and see if the issue happens to him aswell. 

Wanted to avoid going back to the shop I got the gun from as they're right rude sods but if it's a issue they need to repair I'll just stand my ground. 

will and Hamid have covered this very well, Imo.

good advice that.

If you had really had a double discharge you would really know what you've experienced.

webber

I have no experience of the Revo shotguns but I have seen this happening with a Bettinsoli. There was a slight pause between the double discharge but the second barrel was being discharged by the recoil from the first shot. A sort of ba-bang. As it is a new gun, it should really be getting sorted. Rather than the shop where you bought it, try the Importers direct,  explaining that the shop is reluctant to help you. As previously stated, do NOT mention anyone having had the gun apart.

Long time since I had one, she was nice 
shotgun_zps9ovtpf1l.gif

I remember I Peel with his new DT10 had that problem, if i remember correctly one of the striking arms was a few thousand of a inch to small !

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no experience of the Revo shotguns but I have seen this happening with a Bettinsoli. There was a slight pause between the double discharge but the second barrel was being discharged by the recoil from the first shot. A sort of ba-bang. As it is a new gun, it should really be getting sorted. Rather than the shop where you bought it, try the Importers direct,  explaining that the shop is reluctant to help you. As previously stated, do NOT mention anyone having had the gun apart.
Even a half decent gunsmith will be able to tell that the gun has been stripped.

webber

My Caesar Guerini did this a couple of times. The stock bolt was very slightly loose after I did a full end of season clean, the discharge would set off barrel 2. 

Tightened the bolt and the problem has never reoccured

Know your consumer rights!  Return the gun to the shop and say this gun is not of merchantable quality!, I want a full refund! Or you (the shop) can return it at your cost to the importers to be professionally fixed. This is your rights!  You can check this with Trading Standards officer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Know your consumer rights!  Return the gun to the shop and say this gun is not of merchantable quality!, I want a full refund! Or you (the shop) can return it at your cost to the importers to be professionally fixed. This is your rights!  You can check this with Trading Standards officer.
This is very true and in any case the presumption that it could be operator error is bizarre to say the least, any gun capable of double discharge cos it doesn't like the way you're holding it is just wrong period. 

Returned back to he store today and got seen by a much nicer guy. He suspects it's the hammers and is sending it off to the Gunsmith. Fingers crossed it won't be away to long. Thanks again for all your help guys. 

Latest posts

Back