shotcam.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I been looking at this for a few months now and really like the idea.  Would I actually buy one?  If I had the spare cash hanging around, yes I would!

saw one of these going cheap on ebay a few months back, put a bid in and someone just bought it outright...... i was kicking myself if memory serves me right i think it only went for about £250, i thought i was being sneaky and bidding low to keep the price down and someone just went " thank you"  gutted

I have used a chilli action cam in the past under the barrels, (about 3 inches in from the muzzle). The only downside was it only has 30fps. You can however see the shot in 2-3 places and you can see where you are shooting. It only cost 35 quid so cannot complain.

The higher the fps the better for filming clays.  The Sony action cams can do 240 - @720p they are waterproof and much cheaper too.

Have been considering one myself to see the ones I miss! 

There are some on eBay for £40-£50 does anyone know if they would be any good? 

image.jpeg

Shotkam is built with aerospace grade materials and as such is able to cope with the punishment of being attached to a gun barrel. I wouldnt like to comment on something at that price... 

Here is some shotkam footage I did a couple of years back....

I really like the idea of the shotkam, I struggle on certain targets (dropping) and would love to use the slow-mo and freeze frame to see exactly where i'm missing.  Not sure the ebay versions would give me that facility. 

I really like the idea of the shotkam, I struggle on certain targets (dropping) and would love to use the slow-mo and freeze frame to see exactly where i'm missing.  Not sure the ebay versions would give me that facility. 
If the frame rate is high enough, you should have this facility.  You want a minimum of 120fps - preferably 240.  As has been raised here - will they handle the shock of a shotgun?  I know the srspower YouTube channel use the older Sony HDR-AS15 camera for done of his action shots.

I found the circle in that footage very off putting, Was this where the gun was pointing or is it just in the shot because you can't turn it off? I'd have thought that unless you can view the footage there and then its going to be very difficult to do anything about it.

I found the circle in that footage very off putting, Was this where the gun was pointing or is it just in the shot because you can't turn it off? I'd have thought that unless you can view the footage there and then its going to be very difficult to do anything about it.
with the shotkam you can chose a electronic mark on the lens or nothing at all.  You can also 'zero' it in relation to the beads and how you mount your gun!  Check out their vids on youtube.

If the frame rate is high enough, you should have this facility.  You want a minimum of 120fps - preferably 240.  As has been raised here - will they handle the shock of a shotgun?  I know the srspower YouTube channel use the older Sony HDR-AS15 camera for done of his action shots.
I'm not really after action shots more why and how did I miss that, shotkam will do this for you.  Their youtube videos are very good at showing this.

It looks a well thought out bit of kit. I'm not totally convinced its the answer though, it can't video you gun mount etc. You'll end up with a more cluttered mind IMO

this was at 120 fps... the latest version also allows you to view it on a tablet or device over wifi so you can watch it while you are at the range....

It may show where but won't show why...
So true Ed. How many times have you been told  "you are behind... above... below...in front"? Never you missed that because you did dah dah dah causing you to miss behind. There is an old boy at the club was an excellent shooter and even he though he knows where you missed can never tell you why... because he is watching the clay not the shooter. Another favourite down here is you were sleeping... not I was not looking for the target at the right place. With trap if you look for the target slightly too high it has already gone a fair distance but to the observer it looks just like you have dwelt too long but no one ever says you are eyes to high... because they are looking for the clay not at you. All that is nothing to do with a very nice wee gadget though :)  what is the effect on the dynamics of your gun having it clamped onto the gun though?

Latest posts

Back