Release Trigger

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to say, my release trigger was pull to arm, release to fire, pull for second shot. I believe in the USA they use this system, and also use pull to arm then release, release.

Phil*

I think a "standard" trigger configuration could be dangerous in the hands of a clown. It's not the trigger, "safety catch" (untrue) top lever or any other thing that makes a gun inherently dangerous, it's the person who is holding it who may be a danger. As stated, providing ANY gun is always pointed down range, when loaded, WE are all quite safe.

Phil*
Quite right Angel.

The bleats about safety always come from people who either have not shot them or do not understand them.

I have a Mate who suffers trigger freeze and would like to try one,He will pay for 1/2 days shooting at AC sporting targets just to try,

He already has a pogo stick on the end.

:fie:  When I sett targets in the US  (2000-2006)  i SAW A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF RELEASE TRIGGERS ON THE SPORTING/FITASC LAYOUTS, MOST WERE IN THE HANDS OD DODDERY OLD GITS INTHEIR 70'S-80'S! QUITE A FEW WERE EX TRAP SHOOTERS AND SOME HAD A PERMANENT FLINCH :fie:   iF YOU WISH TO SHOOT WITH ANY OF THEM FEEL FREE TO, :hunter:   i AM NOT!  

Quite right Angel.

The bleats about safety always come from people who either have not shot them or do not understand them.
What like the CPSA board who tried to ban them recently?? Oh no couldn't have been them as they are far more knowledgable about such matters than us mere members.

:crazy:  Nicola, I first saw a release trigger 40+ years ago at the old Blandford & Dorchester Gun Club (founding member along with Phil White) it was of course a trap shooter that had it! At this time we went through it and disected it :hunter:  I know how it works, how you have to keep the trigger pressed

holding the gun by the pistol grip while with the other hand release the top lever to open the barrels to recock the action .

I was a registered F/Arms dealer as well as a ground owner so I know a little of what I write. :nyam:   

I have never heard of an incident with a release anyway we have done this before seem to remember a huge thread on the matter. Also remember that many folk have to use them to continue shooting due to a disability. In my book anything that means someone can carry on shooting is a good thing. I have shot quite a few times with folk who use them and its no problem apart from the annoying click when they arm them.

:fie:  Well sooner or later the Health and Safety Exec will bite on this one, then the poo will hit the fan! :hunter:   :hunter:   :hunter:   :hunter:   :hunter:

Back to the original post which wasn't about the safety aspects of release triggers but was asking if any one could help Chubby's mate who has a trigger freeze problem. The answer is yes, I have put him in touch with someone that can help.

Job done!!

Why would h and s have an issue its a tried and tested trigger mechanism and as another said earlier even a normal trigger is suspect if its not pointing in a safe direction. If anyone sincerely has a concern regarding the safety aspect a quick risk assessment would post it. H and s don't have an issue with anything that has the relevant RAMS for the uninitiated that's risk assessments and method statements. Could use my generic template to do one in ten minutes that would put rest to anyone's concerns.

:fie:  Well you won't find me on a squad shooting Fitasc sporting with someone who uses one! :hunter:
And pray tell us how are you going to know who is shooting with a release trigger or otherwise unless they tell you?

What a stupid comment!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guns with release triggers should have a blaze decal on the stock with a capital R in white clearly displayed for all to see.

The user should make the referee aware that they are using a release trigger. 

Robert,

CPSA Booklet No.5

2.38 If a shooter is using a gun with any form of release trigger it is mandatory to notify the Shoot Organiser when booking into a competition that he/she is doing so. The Shoot Organiser must then mark all appropriate scorecards with this fact. The competitor must also notify the referee on every stand or round prior to shooting. Failure to comply on each occasion will result in the loss of one target (3 points DTL).

When reffing at Bisley Gun Club, we have had one shooter use a release trigger and he informed me as the ref that he was using one, his gun is also marked with a bright orange sticker with a large R in the middle and the words release underneath.

If it is not a CPSA comp then it would be up to the shooter if they inform or not.

Well Mr Robert Beard, If you had shot in the US you would know that shooters must have a large R stickers on their stocks so that everyone on the squad knows he/she is shooting a release trigger.

I am led to believe that Fitasc Paris are intending to stipulate this rule also in major Championships (World, European, World Cup events) soon.

I think your comment is rather stupid as you are a moderator! :gamer:

OK my mistake - but would you drop out of a comp if you are squadded with someone with a release trigger and are the organisers obliged to re-squad you if you don't like it?  You might lose your entry fee!

Siiiirrereeeeeeeeyyyl.

Play nice or get nursey to give you your meds early. :kiss:

Latest posts

Back