Poor Quality Cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have shot over 40000 Hulls in the last two years both clay and game.  

Not one failure. 

Great product great support. 

One box of Trust 24g, three failed to fire.

Thousands of Hull CompX 21g (must be 20k at least by now) not one failure to fire. 

One box of Trust 24g, three failed to fire.

Thousands of Hull CompX 21g (must be 20k at least by now) not one failure to fire. 
Trust are a popular cartridge down here. I suppose those nasty foreign cartridges are going to become very pricey in the UK so Fiocchi, Clever etc will be getting shown the door? 

Talking to a friend in a gun shop today. He's been told directly from the manufacturers that both Eley and Gamebore are putting their prices up next month. 

UK companies, but will have to buy in the powder from Europe. Hence increased prices incoming...

We produced all the components here in the UK until all the manufacturing industry disappeared to Europe i hope it will return after Brexit !

...lead is traded in $, that will also put the price up!!!
To be honest I never even thought about that aspect of the costs I was really just thinking exchange rates pound to euro... I know that all the Brexit shoite is costing me a fortune every month on my pension which has to be traded into pounds every now and then. You try to get a good price but just now it is always down... bastards :)  

My mate shoots a Punt gun..............

And he's a "really nice bloke"

Trust are a popular cartridge down here. I suppose those nasty foreign cartridges are going to become very pricey in the UK so Fiocchi, Clever etc will be getting shown the door? 
Poor dissillusioned lad. No, the price of 'local' cartridges is about to skyrocket, along with guns, the cost of driving to shoots and everything else. Still, Brexit is a cracking idea! :)

Don't be a focker shoot jocker
Do you shoot Joker cartridges ? I am asking because having not tried them I may do so since there is a place locally who sell Joker competition in plastic at €170 a thou. My usual internet supplier is starting to charge €17 for del my Clever T2's are now going to cost me €221 per thou if they are good the Jokers may be worth a try out.

Do you shoot Joker cartridges ? I am asking because having not tried them I may do so since there is a place locally who sell Joker competition in plastic at €170 a thou. My usual internet supplier is starting to charge €17 for del my Clever T2's are now going to cost me €221 per thou if they are good the Jokers may be worth a try out.
Yes I use them for everything. I've had 3 or4 out of 6000 without primers in but no other problems. If you put the shot in the right place they break clays as well as any Premium shell. 

Going to give them a try out next time out will only get 250 to start with though.

edit

So I went over and bought a slab of the Jockers. They had two different grades practice ( €40)  and competition (€43) so bought the competition which has higher brass (20mm) and an orange case be interesting to see how the perform as compared to the Clever carts I normally use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been doing a wee bit of research on these Jocker cartridges... and the funny thing is although they are made in France they use Fiocchi components and powders!! 

Back