No Common Wealth Games shooting ground legacy

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulliner

I was told in the week that the shooting ground being built for the Common Wealth Games will be demolished after, just like the Olimpic games. Please say this is not true.

Was told when shooting the Scottish open (skeet ) at Morton (the ground which was the rumoured venue ) that it is now going up the west coast somewhere which apparently is in the middle of .....................nowhere !!

I don't know why we put up with this sxxt. Why don't we tell em to stick it where the sun don't shine. But no British shooting will be there offering there help as with the Olympics only to leave us with no legacy again.

Perhaps this is exactly what the board of OUR CPSA should be making a fuss about...... :spiteful:   :spiteful:   :spiteful:   :spiteful:   :banghead:

.........tin hat on, running away 

Shooting will be held at Barry Buden, Dundee, East coast, military baracks, will be demolished after the games. Morton were never going to get it, wishfull thinking by them!!!

The shooting may be held at Barry Buddon, but don't preclude the Scottish from building a legacy. Their shooting programme has historically received good funding from the Scottish funding community. There is always a deal to be done with suppliers.

Bob M

Well what can I say, what lunacy to spend on something then demolish it, it doesn't make sense. I would be interested in there attempt to justify the decision surely anyone with an ounce of brain thinks it better to spend on either a new lasting facility or improve / expand an existing one.

I was told at the time of the London Olympics that anything that wasn't pilfered after the Games was going to a MoD base near Glasgow for storage for the Commonwealth Games.

Was going to be used for the Commonwealth Games and then back to the MoD for welfare and disposal as required.

I was told at the time of the London Olympics that anything that wasn't pilfered after the Games was going to a MoD base near Glasgow for storage for the Commonwealth Games.

Was going to be used for the Commonwealth Games and then back to the MoD for welfare and disposal as required.
Similar to the above, but the remnants after the CW games given to the National Governing Organisations.

My bet, all the remnants will disappear into the mist, and never be seen again.

Phil*

Latest posts

Back