Need help finding a gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allport

Hi, the better half is getting into shooting now I'm going every weekend and she like the look of composite guns. So now I need to find a 20g o/u but I'm really struggling, any help would be great.

Thanx in advance.

20g ammo is dearer? A heavier gun will have less recoil, take the other half to a ground that has a shop and try a load of different guns. I believe beretta do an ultra light but again a lighter gun will carry more recoil so maybe try 24g / 21g loads

www.proshock.co.uk

My adult daughter tried an ultralight and it kicked like a mule!

I got a silver pigeon and cut a lump off the stock to shorten it!

I also have a supply of Hull Comp X 21g loads for her to use in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see no real benefit from 20G as already been pointed out by SoR, you can get a 12G set up for her done correctly it should be comfortable!

Hi, the better half is getting into shooting now I'm going every weekend and she like the look of composite guns. So now I need to find a 20g o/u but I'm really struggling, any help would be great.

Thanx in advance.

Heed the advice.

An appropriate 12g, probably a Beretta, possibly shorter barrels and stock cut to length, then 24g or 21g cartridges A MUCH better idea than a 20g.  Other than that, a Semi.

The Browning Cynergy is widely accepted as being the worst gun they ever made....but some people like them, which is fair enough.

The MOST important thing, is making the gun FIT her. 

This Winchester, in appropriate barrel length would be ideal, as you can adjust the comb and cut a lump off the stock.

SELECT_SPORTING_GREY_LAMINATED_1.jpg

Ok had a chat with her and think a 12g with 21 carts is the way but still need a fairly light gun for her as she has hyper mobility. Any ideas ?

Heed the advice. An appropriate 12g, probably a Beretta, possibly shorter barrels and stock cut to length, then 24g or 21g cartridges A MUCH better idea than a 20g.  Other than that, a Semi.

The Browning Cynergy is widely accepted as being the worst gun they ever made....but some people like them, which is fair enough.

The MOST important thing, is making the gun FIT her. 

This Winchester, in appropriate barrel length would be ideal, as you can adjust the comb and cut a lump off the stock.

SELECT_SPORTING_GREY_LAMINATED_1.jpg
She like this so think il give my dealer a visit this week

She like this so think il give my dealer a visit this week

They do do it in 28 inch as well, have a look on Guntrader. The adjustable comb will be very useful.  But you MUST make it fit her.  This will likely mean stock length adjustment, possibly pitch adjustment.

You could also go for a recoil reducer (ISIS2 by recoil systems) which will bring the recoil down to almost nothing.  But that can be done any time.

You may need to add some weight in the stock, after you adjust the length, to get the balance right.

Winchester do an ultralight action as light as the lightest out there but be warned less weight = more recoil.... Balance is the key and importantly balanced when fitted so reduced stock length often pushes balance forward which makes it feel heavier....

I tried several 20g over the years and all kicked like hell to be honest, mainly due to a lack of weight. As has been said previously, reasonable weight 12g and 21grm ammo is likely to be the best option. A good gun shop should be able to advise her as to what is available, but stick with the well known makes, in case she changes her mind after a while, at least you will be able to get shot of it easily!

What about the CG Syren?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back