Morris electric trap remotes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkside

I'm planning to buy another two traps to add to my Promatic falcon, making up a small practice layout...I don't want to be dragging 3 cables around, it's bad enough with one!!! Has anyone go experience of owning/using Morris Electric remotes and ariels? I'm tempted to get a three trap controller +ariels... 

I had not heard of them before but a quick search of them makes me think they are the exact same remotes sent out by Bowman with new traps.  They look Identical.

We have been buying bowman traps for our shoot for the last couple of years.  The remotes are robust, weather proof, and have a massive release distance. The fact that the handsets run on a 9v square battery is brilliant compared to the smaller promatic releases which take 2 watch batteries and in the cold eat them quickly. 

The promatic releases seem to be made by RF Solutions, and they have plenty of alternatives on their web site for a lot less than what the trap makers charge.

I'd go for those Morris ones.

Thanks for the reply Woody, yes it's Morris Electrical that Bowman supply. I'm looking at possibly super sixes with tilting bases and brushes...

I'm more than happy with our super sixes.  Mounted on a quad barrow with radio release they have never let us down.  Can count the number of no birds they've ever thrown on one hand. 

i'll also be having a tilt base with our next one, and have it throwing midi's.

Morris Electronics make some good robust radio remotes for shooting grounds.

Certainly in the years we've been supplying them for Laporte traps they've proved to be , how shall we say, more reliable than others.

i can say too,, that your best to look at multi units such as skeet  as you say,,,,a or b, or sim,,, two units ,then you can get a fourth machine ! ,,,,    it will happen,, :rolleyes: , you do get multi units of 6 channels, ideal for fitasc, compak , flurries,, more for commercial use , but worth looking at if you do expand a bit,, better than multiple single units, 

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the 6 button RF Solutions wireless controller running 6 Promatic traps and never had any problems, the battery in that was the 9 volt twin terminal type. The added advantage was an auto 25 bird random flush facility with speed adjustment which was also fitted on the box. We used it to run a Compak layout and a novelty 50 bird 3 man flush.

Have a look at B R B Systems.

We have them at Rixton & Astley Shooting Club and are very happy with performance etc.

webber

Thanks everyone for the replies and PM's!!! I've ordered a 5 button remote with 5 ariels from BRB systems...and two Bowman super 6's??

Yes we use them at Grange Farm, great bits of kit. They do a voice activated one which is great if you on your own 

Latest posts

Back