FlashCaps

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't understand what difference a flashing light would make to a plastic, chrome or brass snap cap? how did this chap take his right cheek off? If he was looking down the barrel he shouldn't have had anything in the barrels, not even a snap cap.

The other things with an accelerator etc are more interesting. What micro are you thinking of using?

I still don't understand what difference a flashing light would make to a plastic, chrome or brass snap cap? how did this chap take his right cheek off? If he was looking down the barrel he shouldn't have had anything in the barrels, not even a snap cap.

The other things with an accelerator etc are more interesting. What micro are you thinking of using?
I quite agree. I have never looked down the muzzle of any gun for any reason. Not even cleaning. Which is what the poor chap had been doing. 

This isn’t the only story of mistaken snap caps that go BANG identity I’ve come across either. A flashing ring of LED light in my opinion does not make this safe. It simply makes it slightly easier to identify that’s it’s not a live cartridge, just a tiny step forward in safety. Definitely no substitute for good safe practice.

I’d could say it’s akin to driving with antilock brakes, traction control, airbags, seatbelt, crumple zones, good tyres... it’s still a better option to drive safely, but I’d rather have everything given the choice.

The  microcontroller I’m using at the moment is https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32f030f4.pdf

However, with the additional features, the MCU will get an upgrade along with Bluetooth to transfer data to a smartphone. Much easier physically and software wise than USB C. Not that Bluetooth will transfer data while said dummy cartridge is in that massive Faraday cage of what is the breach of a shotgun, so would only transmit on opening the gun and handshaking with the phone.

So he was cleaning the gun, never noticed anything in the barrel, looked down the muzzel and pulled the trigger, I don't call that a accident, that's a Darwin's theory if ever there was one 😉

So he was cleaning the gun, never noticed anything in the barrel, looked down the muzzel and pulled the trigger, I don't call that a accident, that's a Darwin's theory if ever there was one 😉
Yep. 
Reminds me of the illustrious Darwin Awards.

Like the recent posting of pilot Patrick, with 10,000 hours commercial flying experience and an instructors licence, took off in a plane leaking fuel into the cockpit, flying against mechanics recommendation and turned off electrical systems (i.e. avionics) to be “safe”

Crashed and most definitely burned due to stalling with too low an airspeed. 🙄

I’m extra cautious because I absolutely know I’m a total idiot. I’ve paid plenty of “idiot tax” to know this is true. I try to keep within my meagre  budget!

Latest posts

Back